Information on canada immigration??

soori14

Registered Users (C)
Hello All
Iam in USA on H1b currently and my 6 year term of h1 expires in july 2005. Iam planning to apply for canada immigration.
1.Currently how many months it is taking to process the case entirely.
2. where do i get the application forms.
3. Also if the process is still going on and in between if i had to leave USA(6 year term complete) and go back to INDIA..can i still change my profile and get my immigration to CANADA done.
I have no idea on canada immigration but seriously considering the option.Can anyone of you please let me know the details.I will appreciate ur help.

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

As of my knowledge

1.Currently how many months it is taking to process the case entirely.
It depends. But on an average it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 years (This is from an approximate calculations based on posts here in the forum)

2. where do i get the application forms.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

Go to Immigrate to Canada... Skilled Worker Immigration

3. Also if the process is still going on and in between if i had to leave USA(6 year term complete) and go back to INDIA..can i still change my profile and get my immigration to CANADA done.
I don't think you can do that, especially if you are called for interview. And possibly you will be called for interview.

meetme

Immigration to Canada

Hello,

It took me 11/2 years to finish the process. I was not called for interview. I guess if you have masters degree and enough experience they are waiving the interview.

Vijay