Information needed for Job Change after 180 days

luck4321

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have an pending case of I-485 for more than 1.5 yrs. I recently find a new job. What kind of information do I need from my new employer? Has anyone heard about the new employer need to provide their tax return to USCIS? Should I inform my new employer about my status? I have read some info about AC21 but is it mandate to file it? What is the result if I am not filing AC21? Thanks so much for your reply.
Good luck all.

Luck4321 :confused:

luck4321 said:
Hi all,

I have an pending case of I-485 for more than 1.5 yrs. I recently find a new job. What kind of information do I need from my new employer? Has anyone heard about the new employer need to provide their tax return to USCIS? Should I inform my new employer about my status? I have read some info about AC21 but is it mandate to file it? What is the result if I am not filing AC21? Thanks so much for your reply.
Good luck all.

Luck4321 :confused:

I would strongly suggest u to inform USCIS about this AC-21 case
although its not mandatory to inform them.When they have such a law which protects you so why not use it?

luck4321 said:
What kind of information do I need from my new employer?
- A letter stating your Job title, Jod description, salary and that you are/will be a permanent employee.

luck4321 said:
Has anyone heard about the new employer need to provide their tax return to USCIS?
- It depends. If the USCIS is not sure about the financial state of your employer, they might generate an RFE asking for the financial support docs from your employer.

luck4321 said:
Should I inform my new employer about my status?
- You'll have to.

luck4321 said:
I have read some info about AC21 but is it mandate to file it?
- Not a mandatory requirement. But, you are expected to do it.

luck4321 said:
What is the result if I am not filing AC21?
- Scenario 1: You may get approved without further enquiries and issues.
- Scenario 2: USCIS may generate an RFE asking for EVL letters and paystubs etc.
- Scenario 3: NOID. You can do a MTR with all the supporting docs.

Thanks

Thanks so much for your information. But what is EVL and RFE? I have seen a lot of people states that but I don't really understand the true meaning.

Luck4321

pv1976 said:
Scenario 3: NOID. You can do a MTR with all the supporting docs.

You do NOT file a Motion to Reconsider when USCIS issues a Notice of Intent to Deny. There is nothing to reconsider yet, becuase no decision has been made.

Essentially, an NOID is the same as an RFE, except you get only 30 days to answer instead of 90, which makes it essential that you and (especially) your attorney are organized.