Information for folks stuck in FBI Name Check

arrakis

Hi,

I have finally confirmed couple of things related to pending name-check and pre-adjudication of cases:

1) TSC IO and my Senator' office confirmed that Name Check Pending cases are being assigned to an officer AND pre-adjudicated (i.e. assigned a Visa #!!!)
if:
Case has been pending 180 days at the x-fer'd service center

&

Finger Print results have been received and are good

2) Richard Powers, FBI's Assistant Director of congressional affairs office confirmed that they are expediting cases as they come in from various Representatives and Senators offices - BUT - these expedite requests themselves have a backlog as well! It is approximately a month and a half long backlog.

This is good news for a lot of us who have been thinking we (folks with Name Check Pending) will not be pre-adjudicated. I hope it gives some hope to a few (or lot) of those out there in a similar pickle as myself.

Cheers,
Arrakis

PD: EB3 (India) Sept '01
RD: I-485 Apr '05
Name Check Pending since May '05

How about cases which are originally applied in TSC then
mine is stuck in namecheck pending
they re-initiated my namecheck in Feb 07 instead of july 2006

Hi,

I have finally confirmed couple of things related to pending name-check and pre-adjudication of cases:

1) TSC IO and my Senator' office confirmed that Name Check Pending cases are being assigned to an officer AND pre-adjudicated (i.e. assigned a Visa #!!!)
if:

&

2) Richard Powers, FBI's Assistant Director of congressional affairs office confirmed that they are expediting cases as they come in from various Representatives and Senators offices - BUT - these expedite requests themselves have a backlog as well! It is approximately a month and a half long backlog.

This is good news for a lot of us who have been thinking we (folks with Name Check Pending) will not be pre-adjudicated. I hope it gives some hope to a few (or lot) of those out there in a similar pickle as myself.

Cheers,
Arrakis

180 days from March'07 ?

Thanks a lot for the valuable information. That's a small ray of hope in my otherwise pretty much doomed G(od) C(ursed) life. But one question, you are saying 180 days from transfer date. That means for us guys who are transferred to TSC in March 2007, it won't be until September 2007, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...

Yesvi: Yes. The TSC IO said that in Sept (I'm a Mar' 07 x-fer case VSC->TSC) it will be assigned to an officer since my FP are done and ok. If the Name Check clears before that then it might get assigned earlier. BTW: what's your PD and RD?

zzzz4zzzz: 180 rule applies to Original TSC filed cases too... X-fer'd cases get shafted cause the 180 day starts once the case is received at the new center :(

Perhaps this might be a reason why TSC cases were adjudicated first and have a visa # assigned already and the x-fer'd ones are the pending cases and will probably make up majority of approvals in October (esp. the ones with older PD dates of 2001, 2002)

Cheers,
A

Thanks arrakis. Hope thats true. My case is almost same as yours, give or take a month. My PD: Oct 2001, RD: Mar 2005, X'fer Date: Mar 7th 2007. At present haunted by Name check demon.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the best threads so far, I request everyone to keep posting whatever info they know about expediting name check pending cases(ex: contacting local Senator, contacting FBI directly etc.).

I had sent a request to my local senator about 2 weeks ago. I recd a response from his office which sent me a form to fill( Privacy Act release form) and he has one of his staff assigned for this issue.

I am seeing this as a positive development:

PD: Aug 2002
I-485 RD 04-JAN-2005

Hi,

if:

&

Cheers,
Arrakis

Does it mean that even if the visas (in the VB, say after Aug 17) are Unavailable, they will approve your 485 if these conditions are met?

Thank You Arrakis

Hi Arrakis,
Thank you so much for a glimmer of hope in an otherwise dark tunnel. When I went to an Infopass session, the IO informed me that our name checks are pending and basically there was nothing I could do about it. He did say that the fingerprints looked good though. He did not mention anything about Preadjudgication as your Texas IO told you. I can only hope that the information you got was accurate, although I must say I am from NSC (direct filing, no transfer) Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.
GCLonger.

Hi,

if:

&

Cheers,
Arrakis

I just hope they are doing that way....
Good info collected... Great job....

Friends ,

It will be interesting to look into my case , My file was trasnffered to local office in Dec2002 (PD was current at that time May2002) and it went into
retro . I had a interview done on July2005 and PD became current in June 2007 then case was approved and got approval notice from local office in that notice they asked me to come if I need to stamp my passport and today 07/19 I went there then they said they sent file to Vermount center to get it GC make and now they are doing security check on me and they do not know when it is going to be cleared (2 hrs,2months,2 years) . what does that mean what kind of checking they are doing now ?. I confirmed that my name check is cleared . Whom should I contact to resolve this ? Please guide me they are now taking GC from my pocket :-( ...

Thanks
Shailesh

I just talked to TSC regarding my case. One IO told me that my case is pending security check. Then she went on to say that this is only a computer problem and its being fixed soon. She told me that visa number is not alloted and will have to wait till October. Up on insisting, she transfered to other officer. Other IO told me that visa number is alloted and pending security check clearance.

What to do now. I want to contact FBI and find out. May I know the number to call? I know I have read here the details to call FBI but do not find now.

Hi Mistry,
We (my husband and myself) are in the same boat as you are. We also had our interivew in Jan of 2005. Only difference is we just got a verbal approval from local office a month back that our cases are approved. They refused to stamp our passports. Now our 485's are back in Vermont - pending securtiy check as per the SR we initiated for my husband. As far as my SR is concerned, I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Deepa ,

How did you create SR , via Info pas or just takl to 800 no ? Do you have any idea what kind of security check is this ? I have one guy who get GC approved (but he has political asylam case) and it stuck in security check since last 2 years (you can't believe this but it is true) so that is why I am getting worried now . Possitive side I am considering is our case is not political asylam so may be treated diffrently .BTW which service center your case had ?

Thanks
Shailesh

Hi Mistry,
We initiated SR by calling 1-800 number. Tell the Rep that your case is pending for a long time and you want to know the status of your case. When my husband called for SR, the guy refused to intiate SR for me since he wanted to talk to me before initiating. I was in office and my husband could not connect my cell. So I initiated another service request for myself. Did you get biometrics done recently ? We had our biometrics in the first week of june and I am thinking that triggered the security check. I don't know why the localoffice and Service Center people are giving conflicting information.

TSC cases originally filed in July 06 are still in namecheck stuck
no one got approvals lately for TSC original people
i think lot of VSC transferred cases whose RDs are in 2003/4/5 are getting approvals lately

Yesvi: Yes. The TSC IO said that in Sept (I'm a Mar' 07 x-fer case VSC->TSC) it will be assigned to an officer since my FP are done and ok. If the Name Check clears before that then it might get assigned earlier. BTW: what's your PD and RD?

zzzz4zzzz: 180 rule applies to Original TSC filed cases too... X-fer'd cases get shafted cause the 180 day starts once the case is received at the new center :(

Perhaps this might be a reason why TSC cases were adjudicated first and have a visa # assigned already and the x-fer'd ones are the pending cases and will probably make up majority of approvals in October (esp. the ones with older PD dates of 2001, 2002)

Cheers,
A

Hi Deepa ,

Today I called 800 No and she said security check is internal process and nothing will come clearly and also she said she can not do SR on it since it is withing processing time (so called six months ) so I have to wait for that and since my IO at local office asked me to come back after 3 months by that time may be some thing will happened . Please let me know if you get anything and I will let you know if I get any news .

Thanks
Shailesh

Hi Shailesh,
Its better to call one more time and this time tell them that the last information/update that you have on your case is the interview in local office. Don't tell them that you came to know from local office that your security check is pending. If you tell them that you know that your case is transferred , they will definitely refuse to initiate SR since the so called time frame with in which you should get a reply is not over. Also if possible, contact your senator regarding the same. They may ask for your I-140 (receipt and approval) & I-485 receipt. Alteast you will get some information.
Also if possible try to get hold of IO by using POJ method. I know its really frustrating but still we will have that satisfaction that we did some thing.
Thanks,
Deepa.

:) well....

I have not tried the senator/congressman/first lady/first gentleman route. I just sent an email to FBI last week and keeping my fingers crossed into a twist.
Maybe I should get into the "senator expedite" back log
The interesting thing is: I initiated a service request. The reply came back saying the processing time is within norms!!!!!! They mean that after the transfer to TSC the time taken to process is within norms. Well, what happens to the time since my original 2004 filing.......???
There is nothing one can do I guess.
It is indeed good news if there is a chance of pre adjudication with a visa number assigned to ppl stuck in name check.

I have not tried the .......

Dude, Do whatever it takes to get the checks cleared, open multiple SRs (if possible), write to FL, write to Ombudsman... Do it before it is too late, it is already too late in your case.

My congressmen/women didn't do a squat! But it could work for you. Best bet is FL and Ombudsman.