Information Adopting a child from India

dilip001

Registered Users (C)
We are done with our oath and want to know details regarding Adoption. Can anyone help us with information for adoption process or website where we can find details. We want to adopt a child from India and want to know process. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Are you looking for general information on how to adopt a foreign child or are looking specifically for immigration info on how to about child?

We are done with our oath and want to know details regarding Adoption. Can anyone help us with information for adoption process or website where we can find details. We want to adopt a child from India and want to know process. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

rainbowkids.com is a great place to start, or adoption.com

Thanks

My friends were trying to adopt a child from India 2 or 3 years ago and had a tough time going through procedures, bureaucracy and red tape since they were trying to bring the child back to the US. No offense meant of course! Apparently these measures are in place to ensure safety of the child and if the child is leaving the country the authorities are extremely careful for the child's welfare to ensure the child does not fall in "wrong" hands. After unsuccessfully trying for more than a year they gave up and adopted a child I believe from Guatemala instead. That took some time and money as well but they were finally successful. A minor spelling mistake in mothers name in the adoption document caused a delay of a few months over there as well.

We are planning to adopt a child from India. We will go there and will adopt child from there. We want to know procedure about paper work and formality from US side. We will have relative there who can help in India but want to know legal details for US greencard/visa for child.

we just completed the adoption process from India -- let me know if I can help with any information.

Adopting a child from India after US Citizenship

We became US citizen last year and married and do not have kid yet. We want to adopt a child from India. We are trying to adopt one child from orphan home and another from family or friend kid. We are living in USA and want help about process. We want to know if any one can offer any help or details.

We needs details about process, procedure from USCIS as well as from India side.

Any help or any details appreciated.

Thanks