Information about employment

Dago Red

Registered Users (C)
I do have a question regarding N-400 / question 6B (Information about employment)
In the USCIS's PDF Form N-400 you have to answer question 6B (where have you worked the last five years) with a 'start date' and an 'end date'. So what date should I put on the form as the 'end date' ? The form does not let me enter the phrase 'present'.
Do you put the filing date and update the form at the interview or do they not care at all or do you write 'present' by hand or leaving the 'end date' field blank or ........
I assume after filing I still work for the same employer - but who knows in this time.

What did you guys do ?
Thanks

Here is your answer:

Employer: ABC Innovations Start of Employment: 6/01/1995- Present. (You can write present by HAND, unless you have a PDF filer editor file).
You can leave the other places of employment blank, provided you have been with your employer for over 5 years.

The date of your filing has NOTHING to do with the date when you started working for your employer. If you leave your employer a week before your interview, you can just indicate to the officer you have a new employer, you can update the form there or the IO will make a notation.