Infopass Vs NSC - Name Check Vs Background Check???

buvan29

Registered Users (C)
All,

I had an Infopass appointment last week and here are the information I received:

1) Name Check is done and clear.:)
2) Your finger prints are going to expire next month (15 months). Wait for the biometrics notice.:rolleyes:
3) Your I-485 status - Pending (The officer said just 'Pending'...no more information).:mad:
4) You are OK. When you complete the biometrics, you should be getting the I-485 approval.:)

Then, yesterday, I called NSC and talked with an Immigration Officer and here are the information I received:

1) She cannot find the exact status of I-485, but can find in which section my 'File' is sitting at the moment.:D
2) She searched in the system and said "Your case is stuck in a section for a long time and that section is responsible for background check.:mad:
3) I replied that, during my Infopass, they said that my Name Check is clear and asked her the reason for holding my file in the section handling background checks.:confused:
4) IO replied that she cannot provide more information since she doesn't have access to my file.:(
5) She asked me to file a 'Service Request' to know the status.:eek:

Now, I am confused and trying to understand the difference between 'Name Check' and 'Background Check'. If there is a difference, why the Infopass officer told me that I am OK with my I-485 application.:confused:

Gurus, please throw some light on this mess.

Thanks,

Buvan29

PD: April' 2002 - EB3 - India
I-485 - RD August' 2004
Biometrics: Code 1 - 08/04, Code 3 - 04/06

mate its all screwed up
They can send people to moon but cannt get multipleto give oneresponse on our files.
BS

I tend to believe that data from Infopass appointment is more reliable/accurate. Not because it is "favourable" news...:) but becasue i think those people are better trained and probably they have better access to the files ...

LUDs changed

Here is an update.

After I filed a Service Request on my I-485 on 06/13/07, today I noticed that LUDs for I-485, I-140, AP and EAD have changed to 06/15/07.

Please share your views on this change of LUDs on all my cases.

Thanks,

Buvan28

PD: April' 2002 - EB3 - India
I-485 - RD August' 2004
Biometrics: Code 1 - 08/04, Code 3 - 04/06
LUD changes: 06/15/07 - I-485, I-140, AP, EAD

Last edited by a moderator:
buvan29...

I got same response from both Local Offfice and TSC. Now i am in confusion status. dont know who is correct and who is wrong.. by all means my case is stuck :(
With my limited knowledge both background check/name check should be same. thats what i understood after talking to local officer.

Also opened service request, didnt see any LUD changes so far.. and applied for 4th EAD/AP..

EB3 PD-Aug/2002
i-485 ND 08/2004.- Filed at TSC

buvan29...

I got same response from both Local Offfice and TSC. Now i am in confusion status. dont know who is correct and who is wrong.. by all means my case is stuck :(
With my limited knowledge both background check/name check should be same. thats what i understood after talking to local officer.

Also opened service request, didnt see any LUD changes so far.. and applied for 4th EAD/AP..

EB3 PD-Aug/2002
i-485 ND 08/2004.- Filed at TSC
I think you should trust TSC, Local office people are morons, they don't know anything.
What I also think, that during transfer of cases to TSC, I think it got screwed up, half of the file may be at TSC and other half at VSC. Maybe VSC has received the namecheck but it never reached TSC. Anythingi is possible.

same situation

I am also in the same situatiuon.I calle my senator to find out my I485 status.they say security check is pending.They will follow up with FBI.does it mean my name check is still pending?.

I received a response for my status request. My case is pending a background check. Not sure how long it has been pending. My lawyers says that 'background check' is a standard response and it doesn't really mean Name check

Buvan29,

I got the same info from my senator's immigration office when I asked thier help to find the status of my case.I have a SR pending.

ebm
PD Dec 2002 Eb3 India
I485 RD Jan 2005
LUB Nov 2006

I just talked to TSC regarding my case. One IO told me that my case is pending security check. Then she went on to say that this is only a computer problem and its being fixed soon. She told me that visa number is not alloted and will have to wait till october. Up on insisting, she transfered to other officer. Other IO told me that visa number is alloted and pending security check clearance.

What to do now. I want to contact FBI and find out. May I know the number to call? I know I have read here the details to call FBI but do not find now.

Buvan,Vibrant,

I got same response.

I had an Infopass appointment this tuesday and IO told me
Name Check ,security check done and clear.
Your finger prints expired 1 month back and wait for your FP notice. Your I-485 status - Pending because of visas unavailabilty and in October when visas available you will get decesion on your 485.

Then, yesterday, I called NSC and talked with an Immigration Officer
She said "Your case is stuck in a back ground check since aug 2004.
I am completely confused now.....