Infopass today

MA_Labor

Registered Users (C)
I too went for Infopass today. Just as we pulled out, we saw a black cat cross our path :) Since we live on a cul-de-sac there was no other way out :) Anyways, we drove to Boston and parked on New Chardon St. Fed the meter for an hour and walked to Sudbury Street where the Federal Building is located.

There weren't many people and our number was called pretty quickly. I gave the Officer our 485 receipts and he looked up our cases in the system. He said that our cases had been recently transferred to Texas. I acknowledged that and requested him to do something as our cases have been pending for a very long time. He said that all he could do at this point is to create a service request. While he was doing that he asked me if I had received a response from USCIS in the mail recently. He told me that Texas has responded to my service request created on 6/20 and I should expect it in the mail. He also gave me a printout of the same response.

Looked like a pretty standard response. The letter said that additional review was required on my case and I should call the Customer Service if nothing happens in the next 6 months. I asked the Officer if our security checks were cleared and he said that FBI name checks were cleared for both of us (spouse and I). I asked if he could tell whether our cases have been assigned to an officer yet. He responded by saying that he does not have access to such information. We decided not to pester him further, so we thanked him and left.

When we walked back to our car, we noticed a parking ticket on the windshield. I checked the meter to see if it had run out of money but there were still 15 minutes left. I was confused until I saw the sign on the street that said "No stopping anytime between 7:30 and 9:00". Looked at the ticket and it was given at 7:35. I felt like kicking myself for not noticing the sign. Another 75 bucks down the drain. Oh darn, the black cat.

Well, since we were in downtown we decided to give, my wife's finger prints for her EAD, a shot. Went to the ASC and luckily she was allowed to give her prints. While she was doing that, I decided to walk to City Hall and do something about the ticket. I explained my predicament to the nice lady at the counter. She asked me to fill out a form and told me that most likely the ticked will be invalidated. I was relieved and decided not to blame the poor cat after all :) Hey, if we get our GC, then the cat might actually turn out to be lucky for us. So we have our fingers crossed and are eagerly waiting for some miracle to happen on the GC front.

I got approval on June 20th. on June 22nd I received response for the SR I creatde in 1st week of June. It was dated June 14th and it said "The case is under extended review. Check back after 6 mnths"

Hi,
I can completely sympathise with you. Most of us are such a situation. Even small things look like big burden when added to this GC mess. I read some post yday, the guy received response to SR saying the case needed additional review. But he got his approval a day earlier. So just keep your hopes up. Our day will come. The only comfort in this GC madness is that the USCIS is approving cases based on PD and ND and your date is not far.
All the best.

Extended Review

Extended Review is good and it does not take more than a month. One of my friend was told that his name check is cleared and his case is sent for extended review. With in 2-3 weeks, he got the approval.

I think that you better start looking for that cat, you may need her again after 5 years (for Citizenship)

Hi,

I have a PD of 2002 and after my transfer in march I have never had a LUD even after my FP2 code 1 which was in May.Opened a service request in June but have still not heard back nor have had any LUD.Is anyone else also in the same situation with no LUD's after FP or service request.
Thanks

SR response received

Yesterday i received SR response that I initiated on June13th, the letter say, My case was transferred to Texas....bla bla bla which I already know, thats it, nothing about my NC or visa number stuff, what the hell?

Hi Ma Labor - what a coincidence! I was at Boston JFK building this morning as well with an infopass appointment! Great minds and all that... :)

No black cat and no ticket - but no information either. We got a very nice African-American lady who looked up our case status with our EAD cards. But all she told us was that it is "incoming" at the "adjucation office" - whatever that means. When pressed, she said she cannot see if it is in front of an officer or not - I guess that means not.

One interesting thing. We have not had a LUD after FP2 - nothing after the transfer mid-March. She did say that our FBI checks had come back clear in 2004 (FP1), but she can't see any other checks after that. She did say that everything seemed cleared.

I am not sure what this means - either further checks were not asked for after FP2 (which makes no sense - whats the point of FP2 then?), or that FP2 has not cleared. I do know folks here have had approvals with no further LUDs after transfer.

In any case, we left JFK building within 15 minutes - and really with no further knowledge than we had 15 minutes earlier. Not sure if a SR will help.

MaLabor

Nice read!

When I read abt the black cat - I thought, ohh, here we go again...and when I read the ticket part, I was completely surprised...since u cant get ticketed before 8AM on any street in Boston ;-) (for running out of paisa on the meters...)...But, whats surprising is those damn guys ticketing you at 730AM of all hours...

Yeah, next time, I may think of parking on New Chardon st, trust, you parked and walked across the road to JFK public entrance?

DesiG, heard from gcForVJ there are 2 AA women...one of them was really curt and simply shooed us after telling me that "our case was in the adjudication section" and some activity on jun 18...cdnt tell if there was a visa number available or was actively being reviewed etc...going by the slow trickle of approvals and lack of EB3 numbers for INDIA(possibly), the only hope is Monday morning(jul2)...

Yeah, I found the 7AM appointments convenient...no traffic driving into Boston...plus free parking and west bound traffic is also less...so got to work on both occassions by 8-815AM...