Infopass today...

yoginm73

Registered Users (C)
I had an infopass appointment today at the houston district office. This was due to the Aug visa bulettin which made EB2 unavailable. So eventually I would not see my approval for quite some time.
I thought anyway to go for infopass and see what they have to tell.
This time, I could see the screen little bit on what the officer was doing. THe first screen they went is the FBI name check. The officer printed it out too. Then did some couple of checks before answering as to why it was not been approved. It seems that my name check cleared on June 16th. So that was what my case was being hold on. THen I asked what would happen next month, when EB2 would be unavailable. The officer said that, that should not affect my case, because the visa number is allready alloted to it when I filed my 485. This sounds confusing to me.

Does EB2 becoming unavailable next month affect my case? I would think it should affect and that should restrict the system ability to approve my case. But the officer didnt think so. What does the gurus have to say?

Thanks.

These USCIS officers sometimes looks like very stupids to me. As far as I know, the visa number allotment cames on the time of approval.

yoginm73 said:
I had an infopass appointment today at the houston district office. This was due to the Aug visa bulettin which made EB2 unavailable. So eventually I would not see my approval for quite some time.
I thought anyway to go for infopass and see what they have to tell.
This time, I could see the screen little bit on what the officer was doing. THe first screen they went is the FBI name check. The officer printed it out too. Then did some couple of checks before answering as to why it was not been approved. It seems that my name check cleared on June 16th. So that was what my case was being hold on. THen I asked what would happen next month, when EB2 would be unavailable. The officer said that, that should not affect my case, because the visa number is allready alloted to it when I filed my 485. This sounds confusing to me.

Does EB2 becoming unavailable next month affect my case? I would think it should affect and that should restrict the system ability to approve my case. But the officer didnt think so. What does the gurus have to say?

Thanks.
You sure are in a tricky situation..
I think it will affect your case, if it is not approved bofore July end. Why are they not approving your case? They do approve cases even if FP is expired, but order cards only after receiving FP. Did you ask TSC representative about it? Your attorney should be able to do something about it or try to contact Senator's office.
Good luck to you,
Toxsci.

The reason I think now that they are not able to approve is because they are out of quota for this year for EB2 India allready. Hence the aug bulettin, they closed the category. They are telling that it should not affect my case is a stragiht lie. They want us to feel happy while they drag us years and years making us think that it would be approved tomorrow.

I was also told to check back after 90 days (from the day my NC got cleared which is 06/16/2006.) This would be 09/16 when the october bulettin would be out which is the new fiscal year with a fresh quota. I would then be one of the first in that queue, or last in this years queue.

Contacting senator and then they contacting uscis will take atleast 15 days. Then it would be late. and they would come back with a good answer which will make them comfortable to answer and not to mention also happy to answer that the PD is not current.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yoginm73,
That's shame. I think you still gotta contact your senator and see what they can do.

Good luck buddy.
KJ

yoginm73 said:
The reason I think now that they are not able to approve is because they are out of quota for this year for EB2 India allready. Hence the aug bulettin, they closed the category. They are telling that it should not affect my case is a stragiht lie. They want us to feel happy while they drag us years and years making us think that it would be approved tomorrow.

I was also told to check back after 90 days (from the day my NC got cleared which is 06/16/2006.) This would be 09/16 when the october bulettin would be out which is the new fiscal year with a fresh quota. I would then be one of the first in that queue, or last in this years queue.

Contacting senator and then they contacting uscis will take atleast 15 days. Then it would be late. and they would come back with a good answer which will make them comfortable to answer and not to mention also happy to answer that the PD is not current.

Ok. I faxed my details and the story to the Texas senator John Cornyn's office in dallas. Lets see if they can help.
10 days to go.

yoginm73 said:

In my opinion, they are not completely out of visas in EB2-India..if they want to, they can still approve your case..we have seen several last minute approvals even last year just before retrogression kicked in.. I have seen atleast 2-3 EB2 approvals for India recently
(http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1475028#post1475028)
Good luck to you!
Toxsci.

Which senator

Yoginm73, Have you had any experience with Tom Delay's old office? Why are you contacting John Cornyn from Dallas although you live in Houston. Have people had more luck with one senator's office over the other?

I am planning on going to the congressional office physically to ask them to expedite. Is there anything else I can do? The attorney says, the best way is to follow-up with the senator.

Thanks
KJ

yoginm73 said:
Ok. I faxed my details and the story to the Texas senator John Cornyn's office in dallas. Lets see if they can help.
10 days to go.

Toxci,
last year, when there was retroggression, EB2 did not change to unavailable anytime. They changed the dates back to 2001. That means that the visa numbers were available then.
This time they are explicitly making it unavailable. THe only difference in last year and this year, is that the TSC has done their homework. They just need to show that homework when the teacher asks.
So all the cases have been processed. But they will approve when they become current.
So this year, most of the work they were doing is approve as dates became available. Last year they were behind schedule in processing applications too.

Lets see how the senator office handle the case.

KJ,
About the tom delay experience they took about 15 days. They came back to me with the answer that my application was pending FBI name check. But on my request to expedite it, they bluntly said no, and that it was beyond their control. FBI has been told to take their own time and process name checks. I went to senator as i only have 10 days, and maybe pressure from senator would be more than a congressman. It does not make me a difference going to congressman and senator. I am not going to make a trip physically to eithers office and both office asked me to fax the details. Same procedure, but different levels of people. So trying a higher level. I have marked the fax as URGENT and required immediate attention before aug 2006.

Hi yoginm73,

did you need to bring any documents with you other than your photo id when you went to see the officer? Thanks.

Same Boat

I am in the same Boat. I had been after USCIS to send me fingerprint appointment since APril 2006 when i became current. They kept on saying you will get one. Then in June i got a letter of Notice of Intent to Deny as i did not appear for fingerprinting. I took infopass got an appointment and did my fingerprints on June 20th. My lawyer informed the officer with the copy of fingerprint receit. Waiting ...

EB2 India
Priority 3/2002

frustrating...

Thanks yoginm73,
I contacted Sen. tom delay's old office again and they are not really willing to help. They say they do not expedite the case and they can't send in a reminder on the status inquiry either. So the senators office has had my case for a month and a half and they have no additonal information.

Are you expecting a better response from Sen. Joh Cornyn's office? I am wondering if that's what I should do.

It's just so frustrating. There's no real help anywhere.

KJ

yoginm73 said:
Toxci,
last year, when there was retroggression, EB2 did not change to unavailable anytime. They changed the dates back to 2001. That means that the visa numbers were available then.
This time they are explicitly making it unavailable. THe only difference in last year and this year, is that the TSC has done their homework. They just need to show that homework when the teacher asks.
So all the cases have been processed. But they will approve when they become current.
So this year, most of the work they were doing is approve as dates became available. Last year they were behind schedule in processing applications too.

Lets see how the senator office handle the case.

KJ,
About the tom delay experience they took about 15 days. They came back to me with the answer that my application was pending FBI name check. But on my request to expedite it, they bluntly said no, and that it was beyond their control. FBI has been told to take their own time and process name checks. I went to senator as i only have 10 days, and maybe pressure from senator would be more than a congressman. It does not make me a difference going to congressman and senator. I am not going to make a trip physically to eithers office and both office asked me to fax the details. Same procedure, but different levels of people. So trying a higher level. I have marked the fax as URGENT and required immediate attention before aug 2006.

Did you FP notice get lost in mail? Did it get lost due to address change? How can one know when a FP notice has been issued? Does the status change that fp notice has been sent?

harry321 said:
I am in the same Boat. I had been after USCIS to send me fingerprint appointment since APril 2006 when i became current. They kept on saying you will get one. Then in June i got a letter of Notice of Intent to Deny as i did not appear for fingerprinting. I took infopass got an appointment and did my fingerprints on June 20th. My lawyer informed the officer with the copy of fingerprint receit. Waiting ...

EB2 India
Priority 3/2002

I also got to some extent a similar response from tom delays office. All they can do is inquire on your case. They are not willing to expedite it, unless your timelines are more than worse. Currently most of us are in bad state, but not worse. Worse would be if your case is pending for 3-4 years I think. So I did not get any useful help from his office apart from only knowing that my FBI name check is pending and they cannot expedite it. I could have got the same information from the USCIS faster by calling couple of times.
Currently my case is such a state that there is nothing pending except approval. So I would think that the senators would be of help since nothing is pending, and I am well within the processing limits, and a call to USCIS should approve my case. But when dealing with other agencies to expedite the case can prove a disaster for them, because should a criminal be able to pass the FBI name check because of case expedition, they would be in a problem. So thats what they do not want to do.
If would say, if congressman didnt work then go to Senator A. If A does not work, then Senator B. Something is better than nothing anyway. You have nothing to loose.

KJ said:
Thanks yoginm73,
I contacted Sen. tom delay's old office again and they are not really willing to help. They say they do not expedite the case and they can't send in a reminder on the status inquiry either. So the senators office has had my case for a month and a half and they have no additonal information.

Are you expecting a better response from Sen. Joh Cornyn's office? I am wondering if that's what I should do.

It's just so frustrating. There's no real help anywhere.

KJ

Thanks Yoginm73,
I wish you the very best. I hope Cornyn's office can do it for you.

The only reason I hesistate to switch to a senator is that Tom Delay's office told me that doing so will invalidate the previous congressional inquiry. I don't want the congressional liason to be mad.

My case is a little different because I was initailly told last year that the security check was cleared. Its the TSC now saying that it hasn't cleared. FBI doesn't responsd either. So I am not exactly sure what the status of the security check is.

Anyways, I'll ask my attorney if he would suggest switching to Cornyn.

How frustrating can this get!

Be sure to keep us updated on how Cornyn's staff works out for you. I hope you get the approval soon.

Regards,
KJ

yoginm73 said:
I also got to some extent a similar response from tom delays office. All they can do is inquire on your case. They are not willing to expedite it, unless your timelines are more than worse. Currently most of us are in bad state, but not worse. Worse would be if your case is pending for 3-4 years I think. So I did not get any useful help from his office apart from only knowing that my FBI name check is pending and they cannot expedite it. I could have got the same information from the USCIS faster by calling couple of times.
Currently my case is such a state that there is nothing pending except approval. So I would think that the senators would be of help since nothing is pending, and I am well within the processing limits, and a call to USCIS should approve my case. But when dealing with other agencies to expedite the case can prove a disaster for them, because should a criminal be able to pass the FBI name check because of case expedition, they would be in a problem. So thats what they do not want to do.
If would say, if congressman didnt work then go to Senator A. If A does not work, then Senator B. Something is better than nothing anyway. You have nothing to loose.

Fingerprint never came

I never got fingerprinting notice, my wife got one that is the reason i was trying to ask them to send me one. I took infopass when i got NOID , they gave me fingerprinting appt for same day.