INFOPASS Tips for passport stamping.

XieXie2

Registered Users (C)
Tips for Dallas PP stamping
====================
1. As soon as you see your case approved, make infopass appointment instead of waiting for approval letter as there is 14 days lead time.

2. For making appointment. Type of appointment.

-->You wish to speak to an immigration officer.

3. You need to try to get appointment at Midnight if not you will not find free time slot. So, start putting in about 11:50 pm. You will get in about 12:01am.

4. You need to take appointment for each of dependents.

5. Try to book for same time for you and all dependents. If you don't get different time is okay too as they will anyway stamp together whole family.

6. Once you book time for one family member you might have problem to get appointment from same computer. I changed IP address, deleted my cache it helped me to get appointments for my family.

7. You need to take I94, Adavance Parole, EADs etc.

8. You need two immigration type photos. Same as your EADs.

9. No need to be too early than your appointment time.

10. It is quite fast ( about 30 minutes) so no need to keep too much spare time afterwards.

I think so you don't need to go to infopass process if you got 485 approval. Just go straight to ins office as mentioned in ur approval letter and it will take 30 min to get ur passport stamped.

prabhu
ND/RD 27th July 2002
FP 26th may 2003
AD 5th july 2004
stamping 18th july 2004

<quote> How do you changed IP address? </quote>
I was told that disconnect/connect works (I presume with dialup). With the braodbands whuch have always on connection and which have static IP address how do you it? Somebody in froum said , you can try half and hour later an this work.
But question is -- do you really need infopass. The notice does not state anything about -- But it also says you have to go the "INS office" as opposed to USCIS office. May be they have not updated the notice yet and thus infopass does not appera in the message? Any comments as to if you need infopass or not?

Some answers

Hi!,

At least in Dallas Center ( besides Stemmons Freeway) they require Infopass to stamp. They didn't even talk to people who didn't have infopass.

I have a router connected to my cable modem. I connected to different port in the router to get different IP address.

Thank you XieXie2 . I remember that one member in this forum was turned away in Dallas Center (this was around march /april posting I think) as he did not have the appointment.

regards

If you dont know how to change IP

wait for 15 minutes and try again. It worked for me.

I don,t know about Dallas, in Miami the security people look at the Approval notice not the Infopass appointment.

I guess it does not hurt to get an appointment.

Infopass required at Orlando

The security gaurds at Orlando office were not allowing people without Appointment.