Infopass..Sanantonio DO

siri80

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I just had my infopass appointment at San antonio DO.As you all know my case is pending security check and it's been 6 months since I had my interview. I took infopass and went to talk to immigration officer, and she asked me why I am not still living with my husband?..do I go to school in PA( where I currently live)? and she asked me when I am moving to TX (Where my husband lives). I told her I am trying to get a job and move in very soon. And then she looked up in computer for 2 secs and said it's still security pending.
Now my worry is , are they just holding my case becos they r not convinced that I am still not living with my husband.Or are they telling me the truth that security check is pending?.Please suggest.
Thank you

I doubt that. If they were not convinced that your marriage was bonafide, they would have said so when you had the interview. I am guessing that they told you at the interview that you are approved pending name check. The person who met you at the infopass interview was probably curious because she realized that you weren't living in TX. So why are you living in PA and he in TX anyway? Just curious :). I hope you get through your security check soon!

If your marriage is bonafide ...you dont need to worry about it ...like sg said they could curious ...because its an unusual thing to do for newly wed to be staying apart ...

Officer at the time of interview mentioned that we are approved but Name check is pending.I know it sounds weird for newly wed to stay aprt.The problem is I signed a contract with company for 2yrs before our wedding and the contract ends this July, that's when I can move to TX. I also have all proof of lease of our new apartment and cable, phone..together.The reason we applied my AOS so soon is we wanted to travel as soon as my job ends here. I was only worried becos as far as USCIS is concerned marriage is bonafied only with paperwork and proof in front of them, they wouldn't understand true love.
Thank you

I don't know if they don't understand true love :). But they would have understood your reason since it sounds reasonable. Since they said you were approved pending name check, I see no reason for you to worry now. I am sure you will get your card as soon as that is also done. Good luck!