INFOPASS - it's a JOKE!

SlowJedi

Registered Users (C)
I registered thru the InfoPass system and went to my appointment to San Diego (Chulla Vista) district office today. What a joke! When you print the stupid certificate, it tells you the time when you have to show up, so I did, about 10 minutes early.

At the door, some moron from a private security company who barely spoke English formed his own line to check if you have the info pass appointment and your ID. After staying in his line for 10 minutes, I showed him my staff, and wanted to go in, but he told me that first I have to take my cell phone headset off my neck. I asked him why, he said: you have to. I said tell me why? He told me that if I'm going to have this attitude, he's not going to let me in. I took it off my neck and it was apparently OK to carry it in my hand.?! At least he didn't object to my style of pants and whether they matched my socks and shoes.

Once you are in and pass thru the metal detectors, you get into a long winding line of people who are holding their InfoPass appointments and waiting in line to even check in. Infopass appointment says that if you show up 15 minutes too early for your appointment, you will not be let into the building. I managed to look at the appointment sheets of five people immediately before me, four of them were 20 to 45 minutes early, and they were already in front of me. So what exactly did the security moron check besides what you were on your neck?

I ended up staying in line for ONE hour and 17 minutes! So much for this new great system designed by the government for OUR good! From 20 windows in this brand new building that cost taxpayers (including US) millions of dollars, only FIVE were open. Two of them checking in the Infopass holders and distributing number tags, the other ones answering questions once you sit in line with your number for another 2 hours. After wasting two hours inside the building and an hour trip there, they just told me that my file is with FBI for a name check, still pending, go home and wait, pal!

All this time I was staring at these two huge posters on the wall: one said "Tired of waiting in line? Go InfoPass."

The other one said: "BCIS, Serving America and YOU!" I guess in the eyes of BCIS we are not considered America, because if I were American I would call a supervisor of this lousy outlet, get his name and then bring it to a local TV channel and they would gladly write about such waste of government money. I guess I have to wait until I become "America"... :mad:

So much for this new great system designed by the government for OUR ....

why don't you compare it with IRS.that system works very great, which designed with goverment.

remmber they don't like you but for sure they like your money.

Every time I go to the immigration office, I risk getting a heart attack. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
People used to wait 5 to 6 hours in downtown San Diego office just to get the same information. ;)

SlowJedi said:
I registered thru the InfoPass system and went to my appointment to San Diego (Chulla Vista) district office today. What a joke! When you print the stupid certificate, it tells you the time when you have to show up, so I did, about 10 minutes early.

At the door, some moron from a private security company who barely spoke English formed his own line to check if you have the info pass appointment and your ID. After staying in his line for 10 minutes, I showed him my staff, and wanted to go in, but he told me that first I have to take my cell phone headset off my neck. I asked him why, he said: you have to. I said tell me why? He told me that if I'm going to have this attitude, he's not going to let me in. I took it off my neck and it was apparently OK to carry it in my hand.?! At least he didn't object to my style of pants and whether they matched my socks and shoes.

Once you are in and pass thru the metal detectors, you get into a long winding line of people who are holding their InfoPass appointments and waiting in line to even check in. Infopass appointment says that if you show up 15 minutes too early for your appointment, you will not be let into the building. I managed to look at the appointment sheets of five people immediately before me, four of them were 20 to 45 minutes early, and they were already in front of me. So what exactly did the security moron check besides what you were on your neck?

I ended up staying in line for ONE hour and 17 minutes! So much for this new great system designed by the government for OUR good! From 20 windows in this brand new building that cost taxpayers (including US) millions of dollars, only FIVE were open. Two of them checking in the Infopass holders and distributing number tags, the other ones answering questions once you sit in line with your number for another 2 hours. After wasting two hours inside the building and an hour trip there, they just told me that my file is with FBI for a name check, still pending, go home and wait, pal!

All this time I was staring at these two huge posters on the wall: one said "Tired of waiting in line? Go InfoPass."

The other one said: "BCIS, Serving America and YOU!" I guess in the eyes of BCIS we are not considered America, because if I were American I would call a supervisor of this lousy outlet, get his name and then bring it to a local TV channel and they would gladly write about such waste of government money. I guess I have to wait until I become "America"... :mad:
Slowjedi,
Thank you for sharing your miserable experience. I am sorry you had to go through that BS! I like your sense of humor man.
Did they even tell you when the name check was initiated?

i thought the appointment is to get you a spot so you have a chance to see the officer in USCIS, but it does not promise you will be seen at the exact time.

at least, it is what i expect.

Wow

I'm glad that didn't happen to my wife. She would have told them where to get off the planet!

No infopass for us. It sounds like the only thing they ever tell anybody (infopass or not) is "not yet, sucker!"

-Ocelot

How come I can't schedule an appointment on InfoPass?

My 140/485 was filed at CSC. I was hoping to schedule on infopass to go to chicago DO to check my FP status. I selected "I have a question about my case" during the scheduling, this is the message I got after filling out my information and zip code:
"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later. "
Then I tried another option - "need to speak t immigration officer". I got the same result.

Did I miss anything? Is the message telling me the system is down or they are not offering the service of answering general questions?

Hamilton,
don't worry, I've seen this message before. Go back and check the system later or tomorrow. Sometimes an appointment is canceled and you can get that. And each day you get a new set of time slots. Good luck.

Baylock said:
Hamilton,
don't worry, I've seen this message before. Go back and check the system later or tomorrow. Sometimes an appointment is canceled and you can get that. And each day you get a new set of time slots. Good luck.
and if this doesnot work than try using different computer (I mean diff. IP address!!) such as if you try from office than try from home next time..and it may work good :)

JoeF,
Thanks for mentioning the gray hair thing. My husband keeps telling me he saw people of his age of our ethnicity has lots of gray hair. He is scared and starting searching the cause so that he can prevent it from happening. Since he can’t figure out any, he starts popping all sort of nutritional supplements like crazy. Now I can tell him some of them are caused by green card.

And thank everybody for letting me know how to use Infopass. I think GC is THE biggest joke of my life.