InfoPass for name check

FinalstepN400

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about to get an appointment for InfoPass because I want to get more info about my name check status (especially after read through all the stories on this forum :eek: ). Do you think this will work ? Or just a waste of trip ? I mean are they going to tell me if my name check still pending or it's been cleared ? Or even they will just read me the same lines on uscis.gov ? thanks for the advise.

Los Angeles
Petition Filed..........: 01/5/07
Priority Date...........: 01/9/07
Receipt Received.....: 01/23/07
FP Notice Received..: 01/24/07
FP done on.............: 02/10/07
Interview...............: ?????????
Oath.....................: ?????????

I am thinking about to get an appointment for InfoPass because I want to get more info about my name check status (especially after read through all the stories on this forum :eek: ). Do you think this will work ? Or just a waste of trip ? I mean are they going to tell me if my name check still pending or it's been cleared ?

you may find out when your name check was initiated or if your name check is pending...if its your first time, i would recommended it since you need to get familiar with this place as the interview will likely be held at the same location and subsequent infopass appointments would be a waste of time..

You just filed 2 months back, its too early to panic!!
They will not entertain you, give it atleast 5-6 months before you panic.
Let them do their job, it will happen.

wait atleast 2 months after FP

You just filed 2 months back, its too early to panic!!
They will not entertain you, give it atleast 5-6 months before you panic.
Let them do their job, it will happen.

From the experience of others and current trend, it takes about 2 months (average) to receive IL. Some center may do faster but it depends on their bandwidth and our luck :)

Folks are waiting 2 to 6 months to get ILs (without any problems). It depends on the DO. Wait 6 months from your PD before you start getting nervous.

Thanks guys, I guess, i'll just cancel my infopass appointment then, because i don't want to waste time on it. As many you know, traffic in LA morning is really bad. :mad: