Infopass experience

kaushiks

Registered Users (C)
Guys i would like to share my infopass experience with you all. I had an infopass appointment scheduled in the Dallas, TX office.

IO: What are you here for?
me: Check the status on my i485 case.

IO: Employment based?
me: yes

IO: We don't process any I485 applications at this centre. It is done at our Mesquite, TX office.
me: I know. But when we schedule infopass appointment we are directed to this office and not to Mesquite office.

IO: If that is the case send a snail mail to Mesquite TSC and ask them the status on your case. They respond in 45 days.
me: But....i just need information on my case.

IO: Sorry sir..i cannot help you here. There is no point in scheduling an infopass appointment. Please don't schedule appointment to this service center.
me: huh....are you sure...

IO: yes
me: thank you very much for your help.

Once at home i tried will all known zipcodes for Dallas Metro and there is only one place where i can go which is the Dallas office :(

Some IO's are totally ignorant and have no idea what they are talking about. Anyone who has come across such an issue?

InfoPass

InfoPass is quite useless. First we need a day off from work which is totally wasted, drive to another Boston, pay $$$ for parking and at the end of the day, nothing to show for achievement. It is easier to send letters, faxes, or phone calls to your congressman. they could get you the information which is more reliable than InfoPass or customer service.