Infopass experience

sergy71

Registered Users (C)
Today I went to Fed Plaza in NYC for infopass appointment.
Officer was unable to provide me with any specific information about my case.
She told me that "your case is pending in Vermont, and they will approve it after the priority date will become current". I told her that there is no priority date in my case since it is highest category (EB-1) i.e always current (and I am not from retrogression-affected country). She was tried to insist on the priority date story and suggest to wait for the next visa bulletin (!!!), but finally told me that anyway she can not see any information about my case since it is in Vermont and suggest me to call them.
After she asked me what is my status and had troubles to understand that my H1 is expired and currently I am in "AOS pending" (or whathever they call it).

So - the infopass was absolutely useless. Im surprised though that these people even dont know their own regulations.

My story:
I140/1485 were filed concurrently in September 2005 (EB1-ORP) to VSC.
FP - December 2005.
I140 was approved February 2006.
I called to VSC using POJ trick twice
First in July 2006. I was told that my case is pending because of name/dob check at FBI. they even told me that FBI keep it since October 2005.
Second time I called VSC in October 2006 - first they told me that I already called them in July (they track it:) and after they asked what do I want now. They told that my case is still with FBI but this time refuse to tell me since when ("they are not allowed to disclosure that information")
Called to national customer service in November (when the processing dates for I-485 moved to February 06). I was told that they will investigate my case and will inform me in 45 days - I am still waiting.

In the meantime I contacted both senators and congressman - no answer yet.
Send FOIPA request to FBI - no answer yet.
Very disappointed and feeling like file WOM asap. :mad:

Taking infopass in NYC is a complete waste of time

I had the same experience. I was amazed at the complete ignorance of the officer I spoke to, and I felt like an idiot for taking two hours out of my day and waiting there, only to get zero information.

Info pass

Info pass is only helpfull if your case is pending at local office, not at Vermount, it is not for every body....unless you are applying for Emergency AP or interm EAD......

I had pretty good experience at the Newark office twice re: Infopass. The first time (Sept. 2006) the officer confirmed that I was stuck in name check.

The next time (Nov. 2006), the officer confirmed that I was still stuck in name check; however, my wife's name check had been cleared back in Feb. 2005 itself.

Also, it didn't take too much time. I was usually out of the office in 30 minutes - I took appointment at 7.30 am in the morning.

Many people on this group appear to have similar experiences at the Newark, NJ office. I don't know about the other district offices though.

Sounds good

I have an appointment at Newark on 8th Jan at 7.30 am.
So this sounds good to me.
nj_skm

DC office helpful, but FBI name check PENDING NEARLY 4 YRS

I am Canadian, applied for K-1 in 2001, married 2002, interviewed 2003, FBI NAME CHECK STILL PENDING.

Have booked a dozen or so INFOPASS appointments, every time confirmed pending but nothing they can do (last appt 12-20-06).

Filed FBI FOIPA, several congressional inquiries stonewalled.

Promised by FBI liason I would be helped while at an Arab-American town hall, turned out to be a complete lie because the cameras were on..

I am willing to detail my story for reporters, interested attorneys, and community advocates.

File WOM

As far as I know thats the best solution.

FBIscrewed_5yrs said:
I am Canadian, applied for K-1 in 2001, married 2002, interviewed 2003, FBI NAME CHECK STILL PENDING.

Have booked a dozen or so INFOPASS appointments, every time confirmed pending but nothing they can do (last appt 12-20-06).

Promised by FBI liason I would be helped while at an Arab-American town hall, turned out to be a complete lie because the cameras were on..

I am willing to detail my story for reporters, interested attorneys, and community advocates.

FBIscrewed_5yrs said:

Have you considered WOM? Your case is one of the strongest that I see.

sergy71 said:
Today I went to Fed Plaza in NYC for infopass appointment.

Same here.
completely useless trip from westchester county.
stupid obese afr-am woman told me nothing.

But when I was getting urgent AP in the same NYC office, and they were sending me to pay, they gave me a bunch of papers and I looked through it. There was a printout with my complete history, with all the checks and everything. But unfortunately I don't understand their acronyms. All what I did understand, that there were two completed checks with "no derogatory information found" with dates I saw LUDs on.

Info-Pass Today:
Newark Office has no info about my cases, except cases say "VSC".
What a great system!!
Ao no help at all.