Infopass Experience

Jewel12

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my infopass appointment experience at San Jose local office today.

I went to ask about my biometrics letter, cause it's been a month and I haven't received it. I was wondering if an early RFE delayed things, but I just wanted to make sure.

Anyways, it's my second Infopass appointment - I've been there before with questions about my F-1 status - they didn't help me back then. The level of incompetence of these people is really amazing. The IO told me that I should receive the biometrics letter after AT LEAST 120-200 days from the date of my receipt notice (!!!), and that if I don't get it by the end of March 2007 (!!!!!), I should contact them. Darn, I actually thought they have improved their processes, and I was expecting my interview to happen sometime in March, not just receive the bio letter! What a bunch of nonsense :(

Well, I just thought, I'll wait some more - I'll wait till my RFE response goes through, and then we'll see. I sure hope this guy was wrong, but it's kinda scary that the IO's know absolutely nothing about the USCIS timelines...

Cheers!