Infopass exp..08/08/07

narnia2000

Registered Users (C)
Folks I had infopass appt. today...the lady checked my case including spouse and kid.
She told all security checks,namecheck , background check got cleared.
And my case is with officer for review.
I asked whether it is extended review , she said no, but her system shows that my case is under review with officer.
I asked whether visa number are allocated ?
She said I'll call NSC and check my case clearly.
After the call she said , that my case is under review with officer and I should hear by this month end.If not wait till oct.
She couldnt gather info reg. visa nos..may be she forgot to ask in phone NSC .

Is this a positive sign for appoval........any guess..

EB3 India NSC
PD:july 02
RD: Dec 04
LUD on my 485 was on 7/30 and 7/31.
AD:??????

Narnia2000,

Definitely it is a good sign and you will soon get the approval ( my guess is less than 10 business days). Now a days, it is hard to get the files pulled from Storage (so called Security) and staging areas. Once it comes to an officer, it will resoved soon.

Wish you good luck.

Regards

Sail1

Guess so.

Even I used to get the response as Extended Review but my recent call to NSC, she told my case is also under review and will come to know a decision by September 1st/1st week. Spouse also got the same reply.

Also vicky007 who is in extended review got similar response 2 days back. It looks like FINALLY they started working on all these extended review cases.

NSC IO told me there are more resources alloted for the internal security checks.

All these files are moved to a location and no one worked on these cases till now.

I think that is the reason even duncanidaho case also not moved for months. I came to know about this extended review only in June last week. But the user got the same response few months back.

I hope we all get approvals soon.

June last week.

raised 3 SR's:

me (common SR for all 3 of our cases) - June 26th (got response on July11th)
spouse (alone) - June 27th (response on July 11th)

son (I opened it separately) - July5th (response around July 20th)

Call NSC

nomanland,

You can call NSC and ask about the SR after 30 days which you already crossed it. Better if you have a reference number which they give you when they open SR. Or else also you can ask them.

Call NSC and ask them about the SR and next about your case.

what did u ask the IO at the appt.

Narnia2000,

What did you u ask the IO at the infopass appt. I have on on 15th of August. Hopefully, will get freedom.

Thanks, Hoochie

Hoochie

Thse where my Q i wrote and went:

1. My PD is current for 2 months , my case is not yet approved , I want to know my case status?
Whether it is still pending or assigned to any officer or in any extended review.

Ans : Your case shows it is under review with officer, but I dont know what is extended review????. Thats what my system shows abt your case.

2.Is my security checks/name check all cleared for me and spouse?

Ans: She said yes

3. Are my fingerprints are current?

Ans: YEs , for me and spouse.

4. Any visa number allocated for my case? Is it possible for u to check?Ans: Wait I'll Call NSC abt ur case .I dont have acess to check all those.

After few minutes :

Her Ans: Sir your case is under review with officer and You should hear from them by this month end ...if not You have to wait till Oct 07.

This is what the NSC ppl whom I called gave inforamtion.

Hope I helped you ..there are lot of ppl waiting I have to check them ...

I said Thank You Mam ....

Just it took 15 to 20 minutes .

EB3 India NSC
PD: july 02
RD: dec 04
AD:????????????

vvvunlucky

Everytime I called NSC they always said my case is pending , all checks cleared , waiting for an officer...?
Never got info that my case is with officer.
Only today I got to know from infopass appt...

If the case is with officer ..then means visa number are assigned ...?
when the visa no will be assigned ..? Any idea.

no Idea

But I am thinking all our cases which are pending for so long have got the visa numbers allocated and waiting to be reviewed by an officer.

My case is still waiting to be picked up by an officer as per the IO response this Monday. Same day vicky007 called them and got the same response as you but visa number is allocated in this case.

It looks like they try to review as many files (long pending) as possible and if they are ready, allot visa number, and approve.

My guess is last two months they have not touched these cases as they think these cases need more verification and take longer time as they are very old and got lot of FP's and RFE responses (some cases they would have misplaced files/part of files). I think they wanted to exhaust as many visas as possible in July so worked on the recent cases which are ready for apporval. I hope they still have few visas left and decided to work on these old cases in August.

There is a consistency in the NSC IO answers we are getting in the August first week for these cases.
-- You will hear the decision in 30 days.
-- Call us in September 1st week if you don't hear any thing.
-- I can give you more information only after September 1st.
-- More resources are alloted to do internal security checks.

So I strongly feel at least some extended review/additional review cases will be approved by Sepember 1st week if not all based on case by case.

narnia2000,

Can you give more history about your filing? Is it based on pre-approved labor(substitution)? or if you have had any RFE at any stage or have you used AC-21?

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks vvvunlucy,

I made a SR on June 14th and got reply on June 29 saying. " In the SR I did not provide approved primary applicant details, so they cannot find the status of derivative applicant" - Cannot the system find that?.

I made another SR on July 2 , but I am yet to get response for this. Do they ignored this due to immiedate SR?.

I also made AILA request (for $250) on july 13, no response yet. Did anybody did this?.

With in last week, I sent request to,

Congressman,
Senator
FL
Ombudsman

Only left thing is WOM.

Thanks

vivky007

My case is EB3 India Original labor:pD july 02 got labor approved in oct 04
Filed my 140/485/EAD/AP in nov 04, RD: 1 dec 04.
Gave my first FP in jan 2005 it was code3, 2FP june 07 Code 2 only.
I never recieved any RFE for my case and spouse.
485 LUD: sometime in aug 06 then again in april 04/15/,04/16,04/17,04/18,04/19,04/20.
on all our 485s.
Recent LUD on 485: 7/30, 7/31 not on spouse 485.

I did not use AC21, still working with same employer for the past 7yrs and planning to hoold with them for another few more yrs. No plans to quit job .
So i am still in my H1 B , got extended till june 09 (my third H1)

I did not use AC21, still working with same employer for the past 7yrs and planning to hoold with them for another few more yrs. No plans to quit job .
So i am still in my H1 B , got extended till june 09 (my third H1)

If your case is with the officer, you should see the approval very soon, possibly in two weeks. Cross your fingers ;)

vvvnlucky

there is link in this immigration.com website regarding the Standard procedure of 485 processing .

http://www.immigration.com/ins-tips/uscis.html

go to this:
USCIS Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) on I-485 Adjustment of Status Processing

it has 250 pages ....i dont patiences to read fully but went thro a glance ...
go to page 92...they ahve written clearly abt work distribution procedure.

Visa hold shelf:

stage files untill visa number not available until visa becomes available
IF visa is available then " Pull the file and return it to appropriate adjucicator"
IF visa not available then "leave the file on the shelf"

IT means all pending cases allocated visa numbers..Am i right.....

Very close.

I think you are very close to approval and no one at NSC told visas are over till oct 2007. I see this response from TSC.

Whenever it is ready for approval I think they request a visa number and assign it to an officer.

There are so many cases still under review (including me) and not sure whether they requested a visa.

My attorney visited NSC once and told us the same, every month they pull the files from the shelfs based on the priority dates. I was not sure why made CURRENT in July otherwise I think I would have got it by this time.

I still believe our files got moved from the shelfs to the one common area (may be a corner cube or some thing) and my file got moved to one side as I got my FP scheduled in June (They sent the letter in May itself). I rescheduled it for July 3rd as I was out of country so they didn't bother to touch my file in June. From July every one knows they don't have time to look back.

My attorney told me he opened an AILA request for me and may take some time to get the response back. I will follow up with him.

vvvunlucky

Did u had any infopass appt.?
What info they gave abt ur case?
Whether it is with officer or pending or waiting etc.....

NSC IO never gave info that my case is under review by officer and I must hear from in 30 days.
I also informed the IO in infopass that NSC never gave info reg. my case, when ever I called they said it was pending.
I have stopped calling them.

But they dont know whether visa no available for my case or not...