Infopass appt getting challenging to get in Farifax, VA !!!!! Any pointers !!!!!!!!!!

orangetreats

Registered Users (C)
All,

I live in the Northern VA area....

Getting infopass in Fairfax (Washington -DC) area is more difficult than getting GC... looks like it :( :(

Is this the case ...or am I getting too fidgety.... Have been trying to get one for a week now .... no luck ....

Can I get one in Baltimore....Would there be any problems ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try going to their website early in the morning or late in the evening. They open 2 week slots at a time, so you might have to wait if the 2-week slot is filled up..

Try Norfolk

If you can't get the appointment in Washington District office, try getting an appt at Norfolk. I read on this forum that someone actually did it without any issues. Norfolk will be a little bit of drive.

LaborAches said:
If you can't get the appointment in Washington District office, try getting an appt at Norfolk. I read on this forum that someone actually did it without any issues. Norfolk will be a little bit of drive.

If you do set up an appt at Norfolk office, don't expect to get it done before your appt. day. You can come a few hours ahead but not days. They are strictly enforcing the appt time and won't let you in without an appt.

Just did it in Norfolk

I had exactly the same problem. My approval date was 3/16 and just did stamping 4/7 in Norfolk. I could not get an appt with the Washington office for over two weeks.

I tried Dover, DE USCIS office but they sent me back. I heard Baltimore may require you to have a Maryland address, too.

Stamping is easy in Norfolk. I went to its web site using a nearby zip code on 4/5 and got appts for 4/7. I drove over and they only allowed me in 15 minutes before appt time. No question asked. I guess the officers don't know where your city is as long as it is Virginia. The stamping for both me and my wife took less than 5 minutes.

With the stamps, I just updated my I-9, changed my social security cards (removed the line about INS work authorization), and got a Virginia driver license the same as that of a citizen.

I think it's worth the driving (just three hours) since you can get appts without any problems and the appt time can be just two days away.

Again, Washington office sucks.

ganshm

Also

Also I tried walk-in at Washington office but they don't allow stamping on walk-in basis.

ganshm

Got I-551 stamped

I got I-551 stamped today in Norfolk Va. Tried last 4 weeks to get appnt. in Washington DC but couldn't. The officer in Norfolk looked at the VA driver's license and let me go. Rest of it went without any issues/questions.

Thnaks guys,

I did the same thing , went to Norfolk this morning and got is stamped
with out any issue . The whole process took less then 30 min.
But the drive was about 6 hours ... Still it is worth. instead of waiting for ever in Washington DC office.

vaalpayyan said:
Can you tell me what time of the day did you get an Infopass for Norfolk?

When i was checking the appoint for Washinton DC ... i happend to check for Norfolk around 7pm . I think getting appointment for Norfolk should not be a problem. good luch.

Hello Lucky One,Ganshm,Nat.

Guys I got appointments at Norfolk for 3rd June 2005. I will be driving there with my 5 months pregnant wife. Just wanted to double check with you guys, if there would be nay problems( dont want to drag her all the way to get dissapointed)

Also please list all docs you had to carry.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

mintychan.

STAMPING Done at Norfolk Successfully.

All,
I completed my Wife's I551 Stamping at Norfolk Today. (FYI I already had done mine 3 months ago). Just returned back an hour ago. Bad day for driving. Everything went well as far as the process is concerned. No hassles. Everybody waiting for an appointment at the fairfax office, please take an appointment in Norfolk and get the proces over with. Its totally worth it. (I drove with my 1 yr kid who was a bit sick. still worth it)
Ok as far as the documents go, please please make sure you have a Infopass appointment.Also make sure you have a valid VIRGINIA Driver's license or Learner's permit or Photo ID. (It must be from Virginia). They are not allowing anyone without infopass or valid VA ID. Once you are in, the call you and collect your Approval letter, AP and EAD if you have any, and photographs, take a fingerprint and signature and they collect the I94 from the passport, STAMP the passport for you. That is all. Nothing more. Nothing less. They did not ask for any more documents other than the 485 approval letter. Just in case take with you any other INS docs. but they rarely ask for it. I have listed the documents my lawyer wanted me to take and it is a perfect list.

1. 485 Approval LEtter
2. Passport
3. photographs
4. Advance Parole Docs (if any)
5. EADs (if any)
6. Infopass appointment letter (printed copy)
7. VA ID (Driv license Learners' permit or Photo ID)

Thanks for all your help. If you need any more info Private message me.

The'll need an ID to prove you are from VA. They would need original notice of approval, passport and any EAD/TD you have. They didn't ask me anything more. It's worth the drive. I got approval for my wife too and have to go again. No point waiting here in DC. Better to drive down there and finish it.

hi,

I got my approval notice on may 16th..have been trying to fetting infopass for fairfax..i live there.but its almost impossible..tried at all hours...i guess this is the only option left...go to norfolk...how did you all get the infopass appointment..i mean it asks for zip code of residence...is it ok to give a norfolk zip code...please let me know which zip code you all gave.. also if the recent I-94 is on the H1 approval and not in passport ..is it required to submit the H1 original?

thanks