Infopass appointment printout without barcode

I23

Folks,

I made an appointment for my I-551 stamping after getting 485 approval.
I did this at home and as I don't have printer at home, saved the page in a
file & sent email to me & prited at office. The print out doen't have barcode ( in that place just confirmation #).

Is this OK, I mean, print out without barcode or does it cause any issue
to allow.

I don't know if that can be retrived from Infopass site & printed again, also,
don't want to wait couple of weeks taking new appointment.

What is the registered users login at Infoss site?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called INS, Newark and the person on the phone told me that as long
as confirmation # is there, it is fine.

Today morning I went to Arlington Office to check my case status with info pass appointment. They are not allowing people who don't have bar code on their info pass appointments. I saw one guy in front of me who don’t have barcode and they are not allowed him. I saw they have appointments list with bar codes and corresponding names.

RD:06/26/2002
ND:06/28/2002
FP1:08/30/2002
TD :09/27/2004
AD: :confused:

I23.. try this out

I23 said:
Folks,

I made an appointment for my I-551 stamping after getting 485 approval.
I did this at home and as I don't have printer at home, saved the page in a
file & sent email to me & prited at office. The print out doen't have barcode ( in that place just confirmation #).

Is this OK, I mean, print out without barcode or does it cause any issue
to allow.

I don't know if that can be retrived from Infopass site & printed again, also,
don't want to wait couple of weeks taking new appointment.

What is the registered users login at Infoss site?

Thanks,

Check the directory where you saved your Infopass appointment document.

There will be a directory : infopass.php_files ( some where in your ' c:\' drive..search fro it)
In that directory you will find the following:

1) infopassusa.gif
2) print_en.gif and
3) barcode.jpeg ( the bar code)

Like you mailed yourself the appointment letter.. similarly email these three files to your office.

Then follow these steps.

1) create a folder with this name infopass.php_files in your c drive.
copy the above three files into this folder.
make sure that the Barcode file has a .jpeg extension
and now try to open the appointment document ..it should work.

If you still face any issues PM me with your contact number and I will help you thru it.

NVC

NVC,

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked it.Somehow it didn't save barcode image. The other 2 images are there. I used IE.

Anyway, after contacting couple of persons at INS, confident it is OK
if we have confirmation # & personal details on the printout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to get one more appointment in your name again and your details will show up automatically (I mean Appointment Date, Time with Barcode details..) without option to select the time and you can save them this time.

Good Luck..

Jay

Try this

I don't have tha barcode in my infopass pritout, but they allowed me to do the pp Stamping at LA. Try to go Info pass website and select the same center you might get the same infopass webpage.

As Jay_T suggested, try to get another Infopass appointment with exactly the same details that you entered while taking your earlier Infopass Appointment. When you do that, the system recognizes that you already have an appointment and it won't let you make another appointment and instead it will show you the page with Barcode of your existing appointment that you can print or save the Barcode as an image file to your machine.

- Shail

I think for that to work your existing appointment has to be in future i.e. it shouldn't already be expired. Also make sure you enter all the information same as your existing appointment.

I just had my passport stamped at Newark. There was no problem with not having bar code. -- thanks