Infopass Appointment at San Jose Local Office on 07/27/2007 - Screwed big time

gcrayudu

Registered Users (C)
My applications are in San Jose local office. I sought the help of Senator and Congresswoman from California. I was given shock after shock today.

I went to San Jose office at 9.15 AM and waited for my number to be called. Seeing me at the waiting room the Officer had my files ready. When my number is called I went and told that I would need to speak with Immigration Officer. He mentioned that he is the immigration officer. I asked about my status and the person holding my application brought the case to him. He went through the documents and asked me to wait.

He came back after 30 minutes and delivered shock after shock.

First: I am the primary applicant and PD is 11/2004. There is a domestic case and I told him all the Name Check is cleared. He said they had a conference call with Western Region and in the call it is decided that all unused visa numbers be given back to USCIS DOS , Washington DC. He said that there are some lucky applicants who got visa number assigned and my wife is lucky among them. But the irony is there is visa number assigned to me which technically means her visa number will be returned to the pool of unused since the primary(me) is not in a state of approval.He said that they are actively looking and requested the visa number and If I am lucky I will be assigned and approved otherwise I will have to wait until October 2007

Second Shock: My I140 is approved in EB2 and the Immigration Officer said that the visa numbers are requested in E37 Category. I was shocked and said my I140 is approved in EB2 but they said that they don't have the informaton. If in case i am not assigned visa number before then I belong to EB3 category even though my I140 is in EB2.

Can anyone suggest me anything? what to do with the EB Category and how i can change. I already requested Senator from Maine where the screw up happened and also in California so that they can fix things up. Is it possible? Are these things able to be fixed?

Please reply folks

Rayudu

hey buddy,

Can anyone please respond? I am bumping up

You can send an expedite letter/fax to USCIS about this mistake as a 'CIS Error'. But it's better if you could submit your claim with some supporting documentation.

It happened to my wife's case, the primary. At that time EB2 was current, and i was told by IO that her case is pending since no visas are available for EB3 cases. Then i got that in writing through congressman from USCIS, and then sent an expedite request as 'CIS Error' thru my lawyer, with a copy of USCIS letter i got from congressman.

After about a month my wife got her case cleared, though i still stuck in NC. So try your luck

what documents should i send? Please respond

hi srichalam

what documents should i send? I did contact the senators from maine and california. They said they are going to followup with USCIS San Jose and USCIS South Portland and USCIS Vermont Service Center. But I guess just USCIS San Jose office is sufficient enough.

Documents I sent to them are:

(1) I140 Approval Notice with EB2 - Advanced Degree with Exceptional Ability
(2) I140 Receipt Notice with EB2 - Advanced Degree with Exceptional Ability
(3) I140 Application Form submitted to USCIS Vermont
(4) My MS in Computer Science from Univ of Michigan
(5) My MBA from Kellogg

Do I need to send anything more. Please respond

Rayudu