Infopass and USCIS customer service

andiron4334

Registered Users (C)
I have finished FP for my citizenship on 11/21 and FBI says it already reported back to INS. The status check shows "not found"!!
I called USCIS 1-800-375-5283 but each option seemed automatic ans system . How does one talk to immigration officer or whatever (any extension?)
I am thinking about doing infopass. How do we do it?

Miami (TSC)
ND:10-24-06
FP:11-21-06
Interview:?
Oath:?

Thx all
andiron

infopass queries:
i am in broward county..

in infopass: one option is "question about your case" another one is "talk to the immigration officer"..which one to choose?

my zip code yields miami as the nearest (but west palm as an option)
miami results in "at this time you cannot make this appointment??"
west palm, there is.
Can i use west palm for infopass. Though, my zip code would make me area fall in miami , i think.

this infopass looks more intricate than i thought (phone)..how does one talk to immigration office (any point in that?)..that 1-800 number is all auto answering as far as i can tell.

thx

andiron, is only been two months. I know the wait is nerve wrecking but maybe you should give them another month or two before doing an infopass. If you call they 1-800 # they won't transfer your call to an immigration officer unless your case has been pending for more than 180 days. Good Luck!

Anyone have any examples of when they made great gains by going to an InfoPASS?

I've been to two so far and have another on Monday. No real help so far... I wonder if it helps to ask to speak to someone "higher"? :)

I never got anything substantial from the Infopass appointment but its atleast better than calling up NSC.

andiron4334, if you want to talk to an IO, then follow the prompts for address change..thats the easiet way to reach a human...

Last edited by a moderator:
probably I am in the same boat

I was told my name check from infopass was completed on 09/14/2006. Still I did not receive oath letter. I was told it will take at least 3 months to process in district office after name check is completed. I am in Chicago. What is your district USCIS office ?

pg8104 said:
Anyone have any examples of when they made great gains by going to an InfoPASS?

I've been to two so far and have another on Monday. No real help so far... I wonder if it helps to ask to speak to someone "higher"? :)

tomshen99a said:
I was told my name check from infopass was completed on 09/14/2006. Still I did not receive oath letter. I was told it will take at least 3 months to process in district office after name check is completed. I am in Chicago. What is your district USCIS office ?

I am St. Paul DO (in Bloomington, MN)

Update though: I went today and the IO told me that I was scheduled for the 1/17/07 ceremony. I told him that I already lost out on one job offer because I am not a citizen yet. I got him to speak to his supervisor and they moved me to the Oath on 12/13/2006.... (this wednesday)

I ACTUALLY GOT SOMETHING FROM GOING!!!!!!!!!

You should find out why yours is taking so long though. Maybe go and ask if your case has been "approved"

congrat to you

Congrat to you !!

pg8104 said:
I am St. Paul DO (in Bloomington, MN)

Update though: I went today and the IO told me that I was scheduled for the 1/17/07 ceremony. I told him that I already lost out on one job offer because I am not a citizen yet. I got him to speak to his supervisor and they moved me to the Oath on 12/13/2006.... (this wednesday)

I ACTUALLY GOT SOMETHING FROM GOING!!!!!!!!!

You should find out why yours is taking so long though. Maybe go and ask if your case has been "approved"