INfo -Statistics

march02485info

Registered Users (C)
The major categories of immigrants were: immediate relatives of US citizens (486,748), family preferences (187,069), employment preferences (179,968), refugee/asylee adjustments (126,084) and diversity program (42,829).

--> employment preferences (179,968),
Making a total of Million out of Employment based are less than 20% and
India counts for less than <= 10%.
Why somemuch outcry among the ppl here ?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/uncomp/articleshow?msid=78451

Nice one march02485info

..everyone should know all in this country are immigrants, either they or their grannies.

Why somemuch outcry among the ppl here ?
-- They like illegal and refugees than Employment based GC applicants. EB based immigrants take their high tech jobs but illegals and refugees are low paid laborers. This is modern world slavery!!!!!!!!

It looks like basic human reaction

When things go wrong you look for the easiest target to blame. In this case pick on the immigrant and hoist your argument however vague it may seem. We cannot strike back nor can we debate these stats. But as everything in this world "Even this will go away". Let us stand back and let this pass.

We are aware of our contribution and show it in many ways every day. My colleagues and clients are very happy that I am here and they are ones who matter. Not some sore loser with a bad attitude.

We should all stick together ...

Indian immigrants do take high paying jobs hence there will be a backlash. Immigrants are easy to pick on.

This is the reason we should all stick together irrespective of which country we immigrated from. After citizenship we should vote and vote for Pro immigration candidates....

Just my 2 cents...

TPK