Info reg GC Stamping

Maverick007

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys, Good Morning. Congrats toa ll those who received their GC approvals. And GOOD LUCK to those waiting. You turn is soon coming.

I received my magic mails 2 days ago. I have a question. Please share any info you have.

My GC was processed in Vermont center. I moved to CA 2 years ago. Now, will INS ask me proof of residency in NJ when i go for stamping?

I did NOT change the address (though I filed AR11) and all my correspondence still goes to my uncle in NJ. Should I call INS and request the that my passport be stamped in CA and not in NJ?

Please suggest.

regards
M

HI
To avoid any complications,
the best thing to do is to book an infopass appointment and fly to NJ and get it done here. Soo u will have ur plastic cards at ur uncle's house. Then u can do whatever u want.

if u change ur address now, they might screw up the address change as it is always with USCIS regarding address change

Maverick007,

I am planning to go next week for stamping as i did not receive my approval notices yet.

Pruma

Explorer19

Thanks for your advise. But I live in CA and I do not have NJ licence. Dont we have to show proof of residency in NJ?

My friend had an issue over this

regards
M

You won't have any problem getting your passport stamped in CA. You can update your address with them while stamping, so that you'll receive cards to your address.