Info Pass Info in NYC ?

greynicolls

Registered Users (C)
I have an info pass appointment at federal plaza in NYC.

If any one can share their experience at the same location or give some advice on how to go about it i would appreciate it

i had info pass appointment today

i had infor pass appointment this morning at 26 federal plaza which is actually few blocks away from my work. primarily i wanted to know about AP and they told me they can issue right away there if i bring 2 pic.
then i asked about 485 , IO told me its pending and i asked for names check. she told me FP were cleared in August but FBI name check is pending since last year.

here is the tricky part, i applied 1-140/1-485 last year in april and my 1-140 was denied which denied 1-485 so i did everything all over agin.
so i am thinking may be she was looking at last year name check request and not this year coz A# remains same. however i am totally confused about that

IOS are sitting on 3rd floor and think of them as DMV workers. you woud have to ask questions as they are lazy enough to spare any details, they are not rude though .

good luck

do i have to stand in the big line in front of federal plaza or there is a separate entrance if u have infopass ??

it wasn't a big line , took me about 10 min to get in . yes there is seperate entrance infopass and people with appointments. entrance is on warren street.

they do the name check only once

i had infor pass appointment this morning at 26 federal plaza which is actually few blocks away from my work. primarily i wanted to know about AP and they told me they can issue right away there if i bring 2 pic.
then i asked about 485 , IO told me its pending and i asked for names check. she told me FP were cleared in August but FBI name check is pending since last year.

here is the tricky part, i applied 1-140/1-485 last year in april and my 1-140 was denied which denied 1-485 so i did everything all over agin.
so i am thinking may be she was looking at last year name check request and not this year coz A# remains same. however i am totally confused about that

IOS are sitting on 3rd floor and think of them as DMV workers. you woud have to ask questions as they are lazy enough to spare any details, they are not rude though .

good luck

In your case they initiated with the first 485 which can be applied to your current one.

thanks for clarification on name check. so that mean i am stuck in name check since may 2006. this is when i had filed previous i-485.