Info Pass - Any advice

nvenkat

Registered Users (C)
It has been more than 2 months since my FP was done. I think that the interview letter was lost in Mail. Do I take an Info Pass appointment to check whether they mailed my Interview Letter. How else can I find whether the letter was mailed.

My PD is Mar 23rd,2005, DO is DALLAS, FP done on May 21st. My online status shows 'Receipt not found' and was updated on 6/8/2005.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

nvenkat said:
It has been more than 2 months since my FP was done. I think that the interview letter was lost in Mail. Do I take an Info Pass appointment to check whether they mailed my Interview Letter. How else can I find whether the letter was mailed.

My PD is Mar 23rd,2005, DO is DALLAS, FP done on May 21st. My online status shows 'Receipt not found' and was updated on 6/8/2005.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wait a couple weeks, then if you still don't have your letter, schedule an infopass appointment. I doubt if your interview letter was lost, these things take time. Do you remember what date it was that you could add your case number to your online portfolio (even though it does not show a status) - that was a tell tale sign for me that my interview letter had been mailed.

nvenkat,

My PD is 04/01. Dallas DO. It seems Dallas DO has suddenly slowed down in N-400 processing. It used to be faster before. My understanding is it takes 2 weeks just to get the dates in InfoPass. Go ahead and schedule it. If you do receive interview notification, you can always cancel it later by going online. And please post your experience.

Buster,

I do not understand the link between being able to add to the online portfolio and getting interview notification. I added mine on 06/30. It has been almost a month. It still says the samething that your application was received on April 1st...It is taking 750-999 days to process etc. Nothing seems to be mvoing/happening.

Did U get the FP done. My FP was done on May 21st and my online shows an update was done on 6/8/05 but it gives message 'Receipt not found'. I have not got anything after that.

jay_m said:
nvenkat,

My PD is 04/01. Dallas DO. It seems Dallas DO has suddenly slowed down in N-400 processing. It used to be faster before. My understanding is it takes 2 weeks just to get the dates in InfoPass. Go ahead and schedule it. If you do receive interview notification, you can always cancel it later by going online. And please post your experience.

Buster,

I do not understand the link between being able to add to the online portfolio and getting interview notification. I added mine on 06/30. It has been almost a month. It still says the samething that your application was received on April 1st...It is taking 750-999 days to process etc. Nothing seems to be mvoing/happening.

Yes my FP was done 5/21. Did you have your case showing online with the std. msg. before you see this message update on 06/08 saying case not found? If so you surely must have had your interview letter by now. If you have never been able to see your case online then you may still be waiting to be scheduled.

Either way taking an InfoPass should help you. Keep us informed

jay_m said:
Yes my FP was done 5/21. Did you have your case showing online with the std. msg. before you see this message update on 06/08 saying case not found? If so you surely must have had your interview letter by now. If you have never been able to see your case online then you may still be waiting to be scheduled.

Either way taking an InfoPass should help you. Keep us informed

Thanks Jay M for your response. Yes, my case showed the standard message till 6/7/05. When the date changed online to 6/8/05, the 'Receipt not found' message appeared.

Did you get the Interview letter. Want to make sure since both our FP was done on the same day

nvenkat, No I do not have anything yet after FP. My case shows std. msg. yet and has not changed yet. Did you take InfoPass appoitnment?

Thanks.

jay_m said:
nvenkat,

Buster,

jay_m - there is a thread on this forum (been too long that I can't remember it) where numerous people - including me - got their interview notices 3 days after the case could be added to the online portfolio, funny thing too that most of these people were in Dallas DO. I was also not referring to the fact that your case shows an update "so many days to process", I got my cit back in April, and still to this day when I check my case it says "can't find status for this reciept number", however 3 days before I got my intervew notice, I was able to ADD the number to my portfolio, even though it showed up as "can't find status". I too somehow got my whole process done in around 3 months, so maybe there is a connection there. Hope this clears things up for you, and good luck with your case.

nvenkat said:
Thanks Jay M for your response. Yes, my case showed the standard message till 6/7/05. When the date changed online to 6/8/05, the 'Receipt not found' message appeared.

Did you get the Interview letter. Want to make sure since both our FP was done on the same day

Thats exactly what happened to mine, my interview notice arrived 3 days later.