Info on TCN stamping, havent completed US degree, but have MS outside of the US

sunnysparadox

Registered Users (C)
Here is my situation. I am a citizen of India and have never been out of status with the INS. I have been working in the US for over a year now with a very big and well known company. They want me to travel to Europe for work. Problem is I changed from f1-opt-h1B and need the visa stamp. I was thinking of going to Canada to get it stamped. I have a BS and MS from India, and came here to get another MS. I have finished all my course work and ran into some trouble with my thesis and havent defended it..meaning I do not have the degree certificate. How will this affect my chances in Canada. Any information will be helpful.
Thanks

Technically speaking you may breeze through this, without even needing a US degree; many people have done that. But any consulate can give you tough time saying that they are in no position to evaluate you credentials from India and you should visit India to get your visa....and now under the new rules, since you do not have a valid visa stamped on your passport you may not be allowed to enter the USA if stamping is refused for any reason...I hate to sound the devil's advocate....but this is the true picture....I reiterate...you may not have any problems...

I realized that the consulate officials have no way of evaluating the educational credentials from outside Canada or the US. Would an education evaluation certificate by an independent evaluation service work? I know that the INS accepts these for H1-B approval. Would this same document suffice for the consulates?