Info Needed

forum123

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I will be travelling soon to India with I-551 stamp, I would appreciate, if anyone can guide me thru the process both from start to return.

These are my queries:

1. I am carrying recent paystubs, employment letter and original approval notice, is this list good?

2. My I-94 was taken when I went for stamping, so there is no need to given anything when leaving, right?

3. When returning back do Indian officials ask for anything beside the stamp + notice?

4. On arrival here do I have to fill out a new I-94 (this is which I have no clue, if not then do I have to fill out the Green form), also do I have to go to the new requirement i.e. fp, photo etc at POE.?

5. Can anyone comment on the returning experience?

As always thanks in advance for the posts.

1. I am carrying recent paystubs, employment letter and original approval notice, is this list good?

--- these are no necessary. May be for your satsiafaction you can carry.

2. My I-94 was taken when I went for stamping, so there is no need to given anything when leaving, right?
-- yes , nothing to give . Airlines people check for stamp on your passport since you dont have I-94.

3. When returning back do Indian officials ask for anything beside the stamp + notice?
--- some people get confused with stampping , you may have to explain.

4. On arrival here do I have to fill out a new I-94 (this is which I have no clue, if not then do I have to fill out the Green form), also do I have to go to the new requirement i.e. fp, photo etc at POE.?
--- no need to fill I-94. you can enter greenchannel. INS people make you to wait for a while since you dont have actual card , they will cross check your stampping.

5. Can anyone comment on the returning experience?
I travelled through Hyderabad, there the immigration people want to take advantage with me since I did't have actual card.
But that was minor.
If you are staying longtime and some body can send you the card by UPS/FEDEx when they receive from INS that will be good.

Best of luck