Info. needed PP held up at DC. Need to go to India (Jim or others please Help)

pgul

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everybody,

My PP is held up at the DOS mail room due to anthrax scare. Meanwhile i applied for a new passport and got one. I am going to India on Feb 11th and would like to get a new visa. Looks simple if i have all the proper documentation.

But meanwhile i am applying for a H1 transfer using Premium Processing and hoping to get it approved before end of February. I will be getting married in March and would like to get visa for myself and my wife. Should i go get my visa with the new company I-797 or my old company? I don\'t have the latest paystubs from my old company. My lawyer says i can provide a letter from my employer saying that i am still employed with them and i am on a unpaid leave of absence(for H1 transfer). Can i use the same letter to get the visa with the new company?

So what are my options now? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

pgul

Got it in one day

Had a fax from DOS stating that they screwed up with my passport. So got the information abt applying for duplicate passport from www.indiacgny.org. Went to NY and applied with all the required documents in the morning and got the duplicate passport valid for 1 year in the evening.
Apart from what all is required that is mentioned on the website, you need to write a notarized letter(affidavit) saying that you will submit the old passport to the consulate once it is released by DOS(if and when it happens)

Visa Stamping

Did you get ur Visa stamped in India? I got new passport from NY, but I don\'t have original I797. Can I get visa stamped without original I797? Please let me know.