Info for those who cannot get PCC before interview date.

cbj

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys – Relax,

Just now spoke with a lady in Delhi Consulate. She told me that PCC is required but it is not a must document. You can submit it later on. I asked her that the visa will not get rejected because of non-availability of PCC – her reply was NO but later on if something wrong, you will be deported back and cannot enter US again.

More info - you can go to Delhi Passport Office and apply for PCC in the express lane. It takes one day to get it, specially if you tell your interview date. There are some brokers also who are asking for Rs 3000 per PCC - they will get it for you.

RELAX GUYS - these are authentic info as my wife is in India and she called me just now from the passport office.

PCC

Guys,

Could you please enlighten and let me know what PCC is? Is it a required doc for CP interview?

Thanks

PCC - Police Clearance Certificate

From Feb 2002, it is a required doc. For all Jan interviewers all they want is a proof that you actually applied for it. They dont care whether you actually have it or not at the time of the interview.

US Consulate in Delhi - I called yesterday.

I also got the same confirmation from my wife who personaly went to the consulate yesterday. From there, she went to passport office to get it.

AKS1234. We are getting so many versions of what is reqd. and what is not...

It is impossible to believe the embassy guys especially the ones sitting at the windows and those receiving our phone calls.

I think it will be clear only when the 1st of Jan CP\'ers actually goes for the interview.

May God and the US EMbassy guys be with us !!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$ Anothe Brick in the Wall $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Another version .......

Aks1234:
What is required at the passport office in New Delhi to get a PCC.

Does one need to submit original passport or only a copy.

Aks1234: Since U are here in US I presume is your wife also getting the PCC for you from Delhi ...IF Yes How ? ...Dont they need original Passport

I will let you know tomorow

Hi iamforcp,

I dont know what doc you need for the PCC in Delhi. Actually my wife went there and applied for herself. After submitting the application, she called me. I will call her tomorrow and let you guys know what happened - whether she got the PCC or not and what docs you need to get it.

How to get PCC.

I submitted my P3 in December first week. MY lawyer called and told me that I need a police certificate.
1) When do you guys think I might get an interview call
2) How do I get a Police certificate. I AM in the US now.

Thanks,

I also called up the embassy yesterday about PCC

I talked yesterday to a lady at the consulate. Asked her about PCC, here it goes.

I asked her that Packet 4 mentions that we need 2 PCC\'s, one from RPO and other from police station. She said yes, I told her I am in US and I confirmed 2 days back that PCC from Indian consulate is sufficient, is that correct. She says yes that will take care of the local police station certificate but you still need to get it from RPO. I explained her that if we are in US we cannot get PCC from RPO, and consulate here actually stamps your passport and gives a PCC that comes via RPO only... At this time she was confused, she told me that I come to the interview, if the officer doesn\'t ask for PCC I am fine. If he does and what I have is insufficient, he will give me some days to get the required PCC and then issue the visa...

AKS1234, is your passport issued from Delhi

Can people whose passport is not issued from Delhi get a PCC from Delhi.

PCC from Local Police Station

Hi Guys
I went to Local Police Station and asked for PCC I was informed they dont issue PCC but NOC (No Objection Certificate) then I called up Delhi embassy and told them the same. I find attitude of Delhi embassy staffers as chalta hain types I was told that I should get that NOC and see what the interviewer tells on the interview dates. According to the lady I talked in the embassy they themself are not very clear or sure what kind of PCC can be received in Delhi.

Any Comments ????

Still Feburary list is not ready for the interview dates, earlier I was told to expect interview in Feb first week now she says call us in Jan end or Feb first week....