INFO: BOSTON INS EAD/AP Renewal

Phas Gaya

Registered Users (C)
We went to INS Boston for renewal of my spouses EAD and AP (Mine has been sent to VSC by my company). All in all, not too bad an experience. Our original ead/ap were from VSC.
7:15 got in line to enter JFK bldg (security at entrance)
7:30 got inside the JFk bldg
7:45 got to room E-160
8:10 our number got called. Inspector took the papers and checked the originals. Basically, old ead, old AP, passport and copies of the above with the filled forms.
8:45 got the EAD in Hand. Waited and waited and waited for Ap...the guy who was handing out AP's suddenly disappeared and then appeared after 45 minutes.
9:30 got our AP's and out.

Hope mine comes in the mail soon... sent to VSC on Sept 3rd.

Our EAD/AP expire on Dec 17th but we are going out of country on Nov 22nd and returning Dec25th, so technically in our case our Ap and EAD need to be renewed before Nov 22nd.

:D :D :p :p :D

Photos??

Hi,

Did you have to carry ADIT style photographs or does INS take it there itself?

Is it the same for both EAD and AP?

TIA

We took ADIT photos. For EAD you don't need to take photos, they take a photo right there which prints on the EAD card directly. For AP YOu need to take photos. However, they have a small room inside room E-160 where they take ADIT style photos (2 for $10). I would suggest taking photos for AP, just in case their camera or other equipment goes bad!! Better be safe than sorry.
:rolleyes:

Did they take your I 94 when you went there

My lawyer says INS at JFK will take your original I 94. Could you please check if you still have I 94 with you. Mine is missing

documents for EAD renewal

Hi Phas Gaya,
what are the documents you took for the EAD renewal. Are there any days of the week they don't do EAD renewals at Boston

Thanks
Tanvim