Induja and Bharat2000, do you know where your I-140 files are? Mine is in Chennai!

Gurukulam

Registered Users (C)
May be NSC is waiting for our I-140 file "to connect to our I-485 file"! Based on someone\'s posting here that an IIO had told him that they are waiting for I-140 file connection, AFTER an RFE was raised and responded to, I called Chennai US Consulate yesterday and was told that my I-140 file is still with them and that NOBODY had requested for that file so far. No wonder while our files are gathering dust, NSC is approving cases where RFEs were responded to in April and May.
My Details: ND 3/21/01, RFE 3/18/02, RFE response received by NSC 3/30/02. Waiting...

How do I know?

Do you think that I should talk to Chennai US Consulate or to an IIO at NSC? After my RFE I talked to NSC 2 or 3 times, but none of them told me about this. Every single time, they said it is with an Officer. Please let me know your suggestion!

Locate I-140

My RD/ND is Mar,2001. My I-140 was send to New Delhi. How can I check the I-140 is still there in New Delhi ? Where to get the number from and what to ask ?

My 485 is not for CP, I am confused,

Can you please explain in detail. I think, If I140 applied for AOS, it should not go to Chennai consulte. As per my knowledge, only it for CP cases. Any Info, please post. please explain in detail, why INS is sending I-140 to consulates.

Thanks

Relax Bharat2000...

If your I140 is processed for AOS then it will be at NSC.

Did IIO gave you a reason something like " Your case has been sent to make a connection with your I140" any time you talked to him?

Achiever

Hi achiever, I didn\'t get this type of response.

I called twice, both times they said, yet to assign to officer.

Hi Gurukulam

My I140 processed for AOS only.
Is it your I140 processed for CP? Did you talk to an IIO recently?

Ok then...

Everything should be OK with your case as far as I140 goes. I think NSC has started processing old cases. So hopefully your case should be moving forward. (Do not always trust what IIO tells you)

Achiever

First thing to check: "Is your I-140 approved for CP"? Mine was approved for CP from VSC.

Now I am confused. If all your I-140s were approved for AOS at NSC, then why are your cases gathering dust along with mine while April RFE cases are getting approved? I went to http://madras.sphynx.com/ to get their Customer Support #. Go to www.immihelp.com to get the number for the Delhi embassy. I did not have a case number since I had not received the packet3, but still the Chennai embassy could give me the status on my I-140 file based on my first and last name.

I already called NSC twice after replying to RFE.

Both times was told: "file with an officer" Don\'t know what the officer is doing with my file for over a month now. Should I call again and ask about my I-140?

How to check I-140 whereabout.

Call National Visa center (NVC) at 603-334-0700. Use your I-140 receipt number to track the wherabout. I called yesterday and used the receipt# (LIN-XX...). It said, it was send on so and so date to US Consulate, New Delhi. My I-140 was not approved for CP ( I don\'t have the approval notice, the lawer has it.). But, I checked the I-140 application form before it was filed. But, I don\'t know the reason, why it is sent to New Delhi. Dial the above number after 3:45 PM EST,as it will be busy before that.

I140 for CP or AOS does not have any relationship with processing

It is not necessary that If your I140 is approved for AOS, then your cases will be processed faster.

Some officers ask to see original I140 petitions with corresponding file before they take up the I485 review. So if your I140 was processed for AOS then they look into your I140 file which will be in NSC file area. This adds delay.

If your I140 is processed for CP ,then they first call NVC.If your file is forwarded to consulate then they contact consulate. This adds more delay.

The lucky ones are those whose files does not go through this I140 matching process. So they do not go through this extra step. So they either get RFEs & approvals or direct approvals.

I am pretty positive that you will never hear from Madras consulate that NSC has asked for your file. I think they have some internal process by which they will confirm that your I140 petition on your I485 & whatever is there in your file in consulate are same. Once that is done, your file will move forward.

I think all this security issues, reorganization has added at least 1-2 months delay in this whole process.

Hope this helps,

Achiever

mandu, did you

recieved packet III or something like that from NVC or from Delhi Consulate ever? Thanks for your earlier detailed response.

No I think you should wait for another 2 weeks

This is because NSC seems to have just started processing in full swing after this new security procedures. ALso I have read that they are planning to add more Offiers to the I485 processing team. So it is better to give them some more time. They have started approving old cases. So I am sure things will move fast now.

Also I was told by IIO once that an officer does not only processes I485 applications but all other types of applications too. But it is a good thing that your case is with officer. So some action will happen. Last month NSC was at full stop due to this new security training & procedures.

Achiever

Not any packet.

I did not receive any packet. But the message says, some packet was send then to the attorney. I have not discussed it with my lawer yet. I will talk to him tonight. Lets see what he says.

Have you got your approval?

Achiever,

How is your new job? Have you got your new work phone number?

Nervous

Nervous0 good to hear from you

I thought you do not come to the board anymore. I have sent you an email on your hotmail account.

Please keep in touch.

Achiever