Indo-American Action Committee

khoula

Registered Users (C)
http://www.usinpac.com/mission.asp

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
USINPAC's mission is to impact policy on issues of concern to the Indian American community in the United States.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys please visit the above site and let them know our plight. Seems they are already spearheading H1B campaign, and is made up of US Citizens and green card holders. I wrote to them but if more people of Indian origin from this forum write to them they may start a "Take action" front for us on their site, as they are registered with Federal Election Commission and contributions to the political parties their voice will be noticed in political circles better.

Indian Lobbies

Khoula, consolidate all here..

Last night: Lou Dobb's guest was an Indian personality, what I call a figure in INDIAN LOBBIES.
Indian American Forum for Political Education.

Executive Director: Narayan Keshavan
The guy was well informed and ready to face off with Lou. He also knew about the Indian problems with Outsourcing, immigration, free trade, globalisation and the rest. Let us contact him for support.

Other Indian political people on the horizon:

1: Illinois Senate race - Republican
2: Louisiana Governor race - Republican

The Indian people on this forum should maybe know better and identify other important people for SUPPORT.

khoula,

it is better to post your writing so other indians and everybody else can see, approve or not and take ideas. It is even better if you open a new thread as Indian American lobbies. This may be important as the majority of people facing the problem are indeed Indians.
Watch also the Louisiana Governor's race today. (Indian American
- www.bob-byjindal.com).
Look for the Indian American Leadership Initiative, also.
Look for the Indian American Center for Political Awareness (Chris Dumm - Executive director).

This is part of what I called for earlier as an ETHNIC CAMPAIGN.

Note: Condolonces to Narayan Keshavan's family and friends. Indian American forum for Political education.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Cinta this is what I wrote to them

"Hi,

I am of Indian origin and in US since 1996 on H1B and later on Pending I 485 status( Pending Adjustment) for 2years now. there are many more people ( per USCIS close to 5,442,799) are waiting for their Immigration benifits, and most of them are of Indian origin and leagally in USA. There is lot of hype about illigal immigration in political circles but No one intrested in us. I have seen your fight to block HR 2688 and felt you could help our cause. We are organised at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/ and trying to get some focus on our issues. We sent petitions to congress, senate and all presidential candidates and waiting for their response. I felt it will carry more weight if it is forwarded through your organiztion which is trying to help indian comunity in USA, many indians like me get the benifit of it and also we can become part of this committee. I am attaching our petition to congress here and hope we will get some help.
Thank you in advance " and I attached our pitition and mailed to info@usinpac.com

I got a reply aknowledging the recipt through their automated system below

Thank you for contacting USINPAC. We will be contacting you shortly if you have
requested information from us. This is an automatic response to acknowledge the
receipt of your email.

Best regards
USINPAC

I expected more people of Indian origin than myself and Cinta( if not my apologies). I am not trying to be racist, and I aknowledge this forum is made up of multiethnic population, but all ethnic groups out side of this forum are helping and fighting for their people and succeding. We "The leagal Non Immigrants" are the only outcasts and have no voice or atleast no significant impact on the political system here, and I feel we can only be heard if we get our ethnic communities recognize our pain and sufferings and take up our issues with politicians. I being an Indian I wrote to USINPAC. Every ethnic group can pickup this issue and help us as we are a global community and from every part of the world.

Originally posted by khoula
Hi Cinta this is what I wrote to them

"Hi,

I am of Indian origin and in US since 1996 on H1B and later on Pending I 485 status( Pending Adjustment) for 2years now. there are many more people ( per USCIS close to 5,442,799) are waiting for their Immigration benifits, and most of them are of Indian origin and leagally in USA. There is lot of hype about illigal immigration in political circles but No one intrested in us. I have seen your fight to block HR 2688 and felt you could help our cause. We are organised at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/ and trying to get some focus on our issues. We sent petitions to congress, senate and all presidential candidates and waiting for their response. I felt it will carry more weight if it is forwarded through your organiztion which is trying to help indian comunity in USA, many indians like me get the benifit of it and also we can become part of this committee. I am attaching our petition to congress here and hope we will get some help.
Thank you in advance " and I attached our pitition and mailed to info@usinpac.com

I got a reply aknowledging the recipt through their automated system below

Thank you for contacting USINPAC. We will be contacting you shortly if you have
requested information from us. This is an automatic response to acknowledge the
receipt of your email.

Best regards
USINPAC

I expected more people of Indian origin than myself and Cinta( if not my apologies). I am not trying to be racist, and I aknowledge this forum is made up of multiethnic population, but all ethnic groups out side of this forum are helping and fighting for their people and succeding. We "The leagal Non Immigrants" are the only outcasts and have no voice or atleast no significant impact on the political system here, and I feel we can only be heard if we get our ethnic communities recognize our pain and sufferings and take up our issues with politicians. I being an Indian I wrote to USINPAC. Every ethnic group can pickup this issue and help us as we are a global community and from every part of the world.

I am Greek but I am trying to create several threads for all inclusive; Indian already, Chinese starting, Hispanic?, other?
I will follow up with Greek lobbies also.

khoula,
It will be good to contact USINPAC. This should be one of the important tasks of the core team. Unless we take appointment with these people and meet them in person, things won't work. So once we collect the fund, may be we can hire some professional to take appoitments for us help us in meeting the important organisations and congress men. Right now, we are all just talking (posting messages here) and nothing else is happening. No one has really time to go any further. That is understandable and that's why we need money / fund so thatwe can atleast pay some one to do things for us. If we announce some financial incentive, some of us might be willing to take a day or two off to meet the important people.
Please take active part in the core team thread ('who want to be in action team' thread).

I contacted various ethnic lobbies but no use. I think the best approach in this country is to hire your own lobbying firm. We should focus on this after we raise funds.

But, there is no harm in contacting ethnic lobby since we never know which path will bring the desired result.

Originally posted by Edison
I contacted various ethnic lobbies but no use. I think the best approach in this country is to hire your own lobbying firm. We should focus on this after we raise funds.

But, there is no harm in contacting ethnic lobby since we never know which path will bring the desired result.

Edison,

Everybody in this forum should be thankful for all of your efforts including the Ethnic Lobbies. Unfortunately, one man is not enough to get attention and/or bring change. We need participation and this should be one of the groups first items to discuss. Can you please post in summary which ones you contacted and how.
Please note that hiring a Lobbying firm can be very expensive..Governments do that. maybe the Indian group can conact the Indian Embassy and ask for help and hopefully through them can use their lobbying firms...everybody has one.

Congress: There is something called money and campaign contributions 9even with reforms). Some times politicians follow a path for their own survival and thus the special interests and the BIG money/organisations. This explains why Congressmen side with illegal causes. Because behind it is the AFL-CIO with union power and money to finance campaigns..just an example.

USINPAC has got a couple of high profile meetings lined up for this week and next with several leaders including the Judiciary Committee.

If there are two things that you would like to convey to these leaders, kindly draft a letter and post it for me here and I will deliver it to the respective people at USINPAC. Thanks.

Originally posted by dsatish
khoula,
It will be good to contact USINPAC. This should be one of the important tasks of the core team. Unless we take appointment with these people and meet them in person, things won't work. So once we collect the fund, may be we can hire some professional to take appoitments for us help us in meeting the important organisations and congress men. Right now, we are all just talking (posting messages here) and nothing else is happening. No one has really time to go any further. That is understandable and that's why we need money / fund so thatwe can atleast pay some one to do things for us. If we announce some financial incentive, some of us might be willing to take a day or two off to meet the important people.
Please take active part in the core team thread ('who want to be in action team' thread).

Khoula....you do not need funding to get in touch with the USINPAC folks to carry your message forward. If you have a a petition ready, I will be mroe than happy to set up a meeting for some of you with USINPAC folks.

Originally posted by junwalla
Khoula....you do not need funding to get in touch with the USINPAC folks to carry your message forward. If you have a a petition ready, I will be mroe than happy to set up a meeting for some of you with USINPAC folks.

junwalla,
you are right, we need funds only to hire our own professional lobby firm but not to contact another ethnic lobby organization.
I think USINPAC is in Washington D.C. area, could you please co-ordinate with other volunteers from D.C. area.

Originally posted by Edison
junwalla,
you are right, we need funds only to hire our own professional lobby firm but not to contact another ethnic lobby organization.
I think USINPAC is in Washington D.C. area, could you please co-ordinate with other volunteers from D.C. area.

Edison

could you direct me to the the volunteers in the DC Area. I will then get int ouch with them and work out ways as to how USINPAC can proceed with their request.

Originally posted by junwalla
Edison

could you direct me to the the volunteers in the DC Area. I will then get int ouch with them and work out ways as to how USINPAC can proceed with their request.

YJay is in virginia area, he should be able to co-ordinate with others.

ramss, goastros are you guys also live close to D.C. area