INDIANS TOO WILL HAVE TO REGISTER ?? anyone heard ??

vaga

Registered Users (C)
Indians too will have to register

http://www.dawn.com/2003/01/21/top12.htm

NEW YORK, Jan 20: Indian nationals (male 18-45 years) would be required to register under the new US government laws, beginning from May or June of this year, informed sources here told Dawn on Monday.

So far the United States has asked only nationals of 25 Muslim nations and North Korea to register with the US Immigration and Naturalization Services in an effort to curb terrorism. Nevertheless, countries like India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka are expected to be placed on the list of countries whose nationals would be required to register under such laws.

However, the US State Department spokesman Philip Reeker told news reporters last Thursday that the registration process was not Muslim countries specific.

"Eventually we will have structures in place for registering everyone from all countries of the world to register," he said.

One of the reasons why the US government had not included nationals of all countries immediately was to forestall the overwhelming rush at its immigrations offices. Hence the NSEERS programme is expected to proceed in batches.

OFCOURSE

Indians also need to register one day. There are also muslims living there. So we no need to worry about that. It is good for us. But it is surprising thatb "DAWN" putting those news.

Keep checking murhty.com. If it is there, then we need to go there.

Re: OFCOURSE

Hi.........,

I know the meaning of ur userid.
It is a shame u use foul words to denigrate the language in public. I could hardly applaud Your sense of humor.

Many of us take ur post as offensive, the way you mention the word "muslims" in India.

I hope I misunderstood your post.

Becasue, all indians must be proud of every minority regardless of the problems India faces.

Indian muslims are the BEST in the world in terms of tolerance. This is something that everyone in the world is recognizing post 911. (read NY Times columns of Friedman). We all must be proud of them for setting example to all muslims of the world (I am certainly proud of our muslims).

We do have problems....Kashmir and elsewhere...They are manageable. Dont forget 150 million muslims live peacefully with more than 800 million hindus in majority of the country. This is not a small achievement.

I dont mean to lecture you, I was troubled by comparison of Indian muslims with muslims who support terrorists like Pakies.

BTW, you may call me a pseudosecular hindu, if you want to. It is the name given to moderate Hindus in India now.....I dont mind. At least, I can sleep well knowing that I dont support killing anyone in the name of religion.

Adeus

Originally posted by thindengpho
Indians also need to register one day. There are also muslims living there. So we no need to worry about that. It is good for us. But it is surprising thatb "DAWN" putting those news.

Keep checking murhty.com. If it is there, then we need to go there.

I heard that if you have AOS pending thru employment or otherwise, and your I-94 expired while you are waiting the approval, you will be deported.
Is it true?

How to save yourself ...

Hi, Yes it is True. One day every single person who enter US on visa will have to register. But there is a way to save yourself .. If possible leave US now and come back on Advance Parole (AP). This way you will not have to register. I know all those peoplw who have I-485 pending also have AP aproved. Trust me, registration can be B****. It is better to avoid it all together.

Cheers,

Congress passed the omnibus bill to continue special registration process. Too bad for non-immigrants. Too bad for the people who are waiting long for AOS approval, EAD cards. Instead of real work (approving AOS, EAD), INS officers will be busy for useless SR process.