Indiana SWA tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
July-2001

Hi,
Iam also in the same boat as you.PD of July-2001.

I had been following the Dallas BEC forum.It looks BEC may process cases by earliest PD.One of the members indicated that DOL published training guidelines indicating FIFO based off PD, but its still not clear.Something we cant bank on since we havent yet received 45 day letters.Lets hope for the best.

I am replying to various questions posted on this tracking and Dallas BEC tracking. I have filed LC from Indiana state with PD of Sept2001 and never went to Chicago regional level. I hope my case is with Dallas BEC. Attorney has not received 45 day letter yet.

From various replies that I have read and analysing cases of people who have reveived 45 day letters, I feel that Dallas BEC is entering cases of only Regional level right now, though they may have PD of much later than some of 2001 cases of State like mine, which never went to Regional. But someone has to inform Dallas BEC that regional level caes that they are entering right now MAY not be the oldest. Take cases of Indiana, where people have been waiting since 2001 (Sept 2001 or may be earlier), but if Dallas process regional level cases first and keep cases like Indiana waiting, then it it not a true FIFO. Dont know how to inform Dallas about it. Next week I am meeting my attorney and I am going to talk to them about it. I sent email to Dallas last week no reply yet.

I am requesting all people of Indiana state who have been waiting since 2001, can you all get back to your attorneys and start telling them to force Dallas to start looking and entering Indiana cases or even all cases of States level, which are older than some of the regional cases they are looking at right now.

Let us all talk to our attorneys and see what we can do together

Indiacard,
I've sent an e-mail to my lawyer on the same lines.We need to express our concerns and hope for the best.How would BEC know we are having problems unless we communicate.I would advise all 2001 applicants to start communicating with your lawyers on the same lines.

Thanks
indiacard said:
I am replying to various questions posted on this tracking and Dallas BEC tracking. I have filed LC from Indiana state with PD of Sept2001 and never went to Chicago regional level. I hope my case is with Dallas BEC. Attorney has not received 45 day letter yet.

From various replies that I have read and analysing cases of people who have reveived 45 day letters, I feel that Dallas BEC is entering cases of only Regional level right now, though they may have PD of much later than some of 2001 cases of State like mine, which never went to Regional. But someone has to inform Dallas BEC that regional level caes that they are entering right now MAY not be the oldest. Take cases of Indiana, where people have been waiting since 2001 (Sept 2001 or may be earlier), but if Dallas process regional level cases first and keep cases like Indiana waiting, then it it not a true FIFO. Dont know how to inform Dallas about it. Next week I am meeting my attorney and I am going to talk to them about it. I sent email to Dallas last week no reply yet.

I am requesting all people of Indiana state who have been waiting since 2001, can you all get back to your attorneys and start telling them to force Dallas to start looking and entering Indiana cases or even all cases of States level, which are older than some of the regional cases they are looking at right now.

Let us all talk to our attorneys and see what we can do together

psjv said:
Indiacard,
I've sent an e-mail to my lawyer on the same lines.We need to express our concerns and hope for the best.How would BEC know we are having problems unless we communicate.I would advise all 2001 applicants to start communicating with your lawyers on the same lines.

Thanks

Although this is a valid point, it's not just the case with Dallas BEC or Indiana state cases. This is also true for several other states like mine under Philly BEC. So, it's a general problem. But, I don't think any of us can have DOL recognize true FIFO (and not separate Regional queue). But, Good Luck. It sucks..but welcome to the world of Labor Pain.

Thanks psjv, I am requesting all Indiana pending LC holders to get to their attorneys and start sending emails to Dallas BEC to tell them to open Indiana cases which are "true old cases".

Thanks

psjv said:
Indiacard,

Thanks

Indiacard,
Our company HR is exploring the option of contacting DALLAS BEC.She sent out an e-mail today to the lawyer.Will keep everyone posted.

All,
Please do the same.BEC needs to hear from us.If not its gonna be another long long wait....

Thanks

NY State receving the 45 day letter

In the New York State forum, some people are indicating they are now getting their 45 day letter from the Philly office.
Lets hope we start to hear the same for us from Dallas !
Keep The Faith !!

Indiana Labor

Hello Sleepless in IN,
Our HR is contacting the local congressman to bring this to their attention.The fools at BRC have got this all wrong.Nothing will happen unless all applicants make some noise like shooting e-mails/letters across.If we do not act thinking it will not make any difference.Folks from Indiana- you are looking at atleast another 2-3 years of waiting.Iam willing to participate in any effort to bring it to BRC attention.

Please let me know'
Thanks

I did send an e-mail to BEC asking about case # like the Dallas forum indicated. They (BEC) replied back and told me not to contact them till they process our cases.

I also tried to have my company attorney contacting BEC, they refused to do so. They told me not to send them more questions unless thru HR department. (what a joke, they just sit there and correct the money!)

I agree with you writing a letter to BEC. I hope other will do so.

thanks for drafting the letter

Letter

Even though my LC application was submitted in 12/2002, I will send the letter as well. Let's take some actions together. Thanks for the draft.

Letter to BRC

I've sent mine today. I think we need to keep sending atleast one every week to get their attention..

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
I received a mail just now from lawyer.,
received 45 day letter in today's morning mail.,will be replied soon.,
NY state PD is NOV 1st 2001
and BEC case number is P-05031-4XXXX

ha! good for him... never made it to regional but got his 45-day letter. I guess we all should move to some place else but Indiana

Few info. tips from my attorney. BEC is going to be truly FIFO system. Since , SWA's were not geared up to send their applications , they asked Regional offices to send their papers to BEC's. That is the reason that you are seeing only Regional people getting their 45-Day letter in the beginning. The actual process is still FIFO. So we need to wait few more days probably.
BETTER NEWS THAN NOTHING !!

This is my understanding -
The whole process will not be really be FIFO start to end. But most if it should be.
They are not processing any cases until they input all the cases into the system which they are projecting until end of summer 05.
But they will be randomly processing cases until then as they are training all the contract staff.
But once the training & logging of all cases is complete - then I think we can assume it will be FIFO.

Good or Bad?

Yes, I also knew that some of the Indiana cases have been entered into the system, but it sounds like all these cases had been forward to regional office. For example, two 45-days letters have been received in Indiana University (East part campus), but these two cases have been in regional office for a while.

For state level application? Let's wait and see....

Status
Not open for further replies.