Indian Consulate BC looks stupid

INS Nightmare

Registered Users (C)
I recently got BC from Indian consulate...
Its not very authentic...
It says
blah blah blah... and finally says ".. according to the passport"
Is INS not smart enough to directly find out the Bdate info from passport.
why do we need to give this extra piece of paper ... anyways..
I plan to submit it ...
FYI : Consulate charges $21 for BC..and extra $15 if you want
      it to be mailed back ...(i.e you could save some 4,5 hrs
      sitting idle in consulate)

it may not be valid

BC has to be from municipal corp. and INS doesn\'t except embassy certification.
if unavailable at Mun. Corp., then get cert of unavailability and affidavits from your
parents.....

No Title

Even though some folks have posted that they got approvals
using BC from Indian consulate, I could not use it in my
case. The INS officer said that for people born after 1970,
it is not acceptable. Check with your attorney and INS
before submitting it.

It\'s an unworthy document

This is the decent comment I got from my attorney When I showed the birth certificate I got from Indian Consulate. It might even create more problems because of the clause they mention which says \'before Jun 1969, registering birth was not mandatory but after that it has been regualted etc...\'. What if a person was born after June,1969. Not having a birth certificat means for him the violation of the code passed by govt. I did not submit that to INS. My case was approved in july\'2001. Think a while before you sumbit it. Good luck.

No Title

You need to get non availability cert and two affidevits from your relatives saying given birth info is correct. Another option is late registration (Please confirm with your lawyer).

I had same problem. With I485 application I submitted school leaving certificate (lawyer said it\'s okay). For interview I got non availability cert and 2 affidavits. But IIO did not ask for anything.

No Title

Where do you get this non availability cert? What if you have a BC but it\'s not original. My original was lost but I have photocopies. Who have you guys been getting affidavits from? Are you getting one from mom, one from dad, or 1 parents and 1 from some one else?

No Title

I got 3 nice affidavits on Rs. 10 stamp paper...
from maternal uncles...
notarized by lawyer ...
also got non-availability certf...
and BC from consulate..
and also submitted all proof of requesting BC from municipality..
what else do they expect me to do...
I hope this should do..

No Title

You can get availability cert from city birth registration office or village panchayat.

If your 485 gets approved without interview you will be fine (unless RFE for same). As per interview notice you have to have originals and a copy for each required documents.

Affidavits should be from your elderly relatives, not from parents.