Indian Citizenship

delhi1

Registered Users (C)
I have been a US citizen since 1997. I came to USA in 1984. I want to retire and go back to India and get Indian Citizenship. I was born in India, my parents are still alive and I have brothers and sisters in India.

Is there a quick way to get an Indian Passport.

delhi1 said:
I have been a US citizen since 1997. I came to USA in 1984. I want to retire and go back to India and get Indian Citizenship. I was born in India, my parents are still alive and I have brothers and sisters in India.

Is there a quick way to get an Indian Passport.

When you came to USA in 1984, what was your nationality?

delhi1 said:
I was an Indian and had an Indian Passport.

you can get the O(verseas) C(itizenship of ) I(ndia) card. It will take approximately 2 months for the whole process. I got one for my daughter - that is how long it took. That enables you to visit India anytime you want and for howsoever long you want. You will have almost all rights that a citizen of India has - except for voting rights. You can own/ sell/ buy property, you can conduct business etc.

You can go to this website and look for more information:

http://mha.nic.in/oci/oci-main.htm

You can apply online and then send your application to the designated consulate/ embassy, depending on where you live. It costs just 290 dollars - for one person.

Trust this helps.

kra

PIo card

kra said:
you can get the O(verseas) C(itizenship of ) I(ndia) card. It will take approximately 2 months for the whole process. I got one for my daughter - that is how long it took. That enables you to visit India anytime you want and for howsoever long you want. You will have almost all rights that a citizen of India has - except for voting rights. You can own/ sell/ buy property, you can conduct business etc.

You can go to this website and look for more information:

http://mha.nic.in/oci/oci-main.htm

You can apply online and then send your application to the designated consulate/ embassy, depending on where you live. It costs just 290 dollars - for one person.

Trust this helps.

kra