India Wins

A deserved victory.

From the link Notable comments: "they opposed using tax payers money to pay foreign workers."

whether they opposed using tax payers money to pay foreign workers in foreign country or foreign workers in U.S?

As expected complaints about the quality of service and difficulty in understanding accents is make sense.

Originally posted by gambler
Finally after 22 years India managed to win a test match abroad.
Way to go India.
I wish I could have some mithai today :)

On another note the following is a new trend ??

Lehman stops IT outsourcing from India

Finally after 22 years India managed to win a test match abroad.
Way to go India.
I wish I could have some mithai today :)

On another note the following is a new trend ??

Lehman stops IT outsourcing from India
correction : After 22 yrs india won a test in Australia. We have won some matches abroad in the past few years (atleast in Zimbabwe :p)

PS : It is better to resist the temptation to create threads here on current affairs (Daily News items which every one knows) . Otherwise the first page in this forum will be filled with all news threads instead of immigration related threads that will help people. This forum is for exchanging immigration information

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: India Wins

dsathish,
let's start with you. consolidate your active threads or request the moderator to move them into Archives.
Immigration matters can not be solved in over nights.
All threads like NJ team or NY team...or forming state wise teams have no impact on immigration laws.
Forgetting current news events does not mean getting GC's quickly.
The News in this thread is something related to the immigration also.
See some states are taking steps for not to consider foreign workers for I.T services.

Originally posted by dsatish
correction : After 22 yrs india won a test in Australia. We have won some matches abroad in the past few years (atleast in Zimbabwe :p)

PS : It is better to resist the temptation to create threads here on current affairs (Daily News items which every one knows) . Otherwise the first page in this forum will be filled with all news threads instead of immigration related threads that will help people. This forum is for exchanging immigration information

While we are on call centers...

think it impacts immigration, even though it's not taking away what we do, as 'skilled workers', since it's a fairly emotional topic, right now...

That said, my experience with calls connected to a call centers with India was completely unsatisfactory.

Nothing to do with the accent, off course, but it was like I was talking to a brick wall - those guys seemed to have a specific script to follow, and my responses seemed to be irrelevant - he would just go on reading from the freakin' script. If it had happened just once, I'd say maybe it was just that one person, but it happened on 3 separate occasions - and when you ask for a supervisor, they are all on 'a break' - not once, but again, over 3 separate occasions. Everybody is 'very sorry' about my inconvenience, but that's all they seemed to be capable of - being apologetic. We would just go round and round, in circles, without any resoultion. They just did not get it! I then stopped calling the toll free # and called a US # with a non 800 area code, got to someone in the US who got my point, understood the situation, and had my satisfactory resolution in < 5 mins.

Money saved, $440. Time taken, 3 unsatisfactory calls of 20-30 mins each with center in India, 1 call of 5mins within the US. If the offshore reps are not empowered to do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer, then the customer ain't coming back...not sure how many US businesses would like that.

I, for one, think that all the call center jobs are not going anywhere...outsourcing is fine for silo'ed work like maintainence, development, research, etc; anything that involves contact with a person, looks like it's coming back soon. :D

K

BAADSHAH,
Please learn to accept good suggestions instead of making retaliatory suggestions. I appreciate that you have struck to a good language (unlike some jokers) but if you look back at my suggestion, it was pretty generic to every one and i am sure it makes sense to every one. You simply seem to have taken it personally and made a retaliatory suggestion that was nonsensical. What i am doing is mobilising people to fight this backlog issue. If you are facing injustice, what do you do ? You simply watch it till the end ? No, you should fight and we are definitely doing a good job. If you are in the core team, then you will understand the various things happening (our efforts). You will soon realize the effects of our actions. Based on your disinterest (discouragement) in my efforts, it appears to me that you have already got GC or you are counting on getting it within weeks. Good luck on your GC, but please don't ask people not to do anything to fight the backlog. Don't be sure that it won't work. Nobody can predict the future. You ought to put efforts if you want any results.

Touche BAADSHAH
dsatish, next you are going to say TGIF is not immigration related .
gambler,
Please don't take my suggestion personally. Did i not participate in the cricket discussion before adding a generic note for every one ? I am as thrilled as you for india's win.
Have a nice day.

dsathish,
See this country is tax payers country.
The constitution is stong
The laws are firm.
The priority is for security.
The justice for all.
They already told that they are in the process of reducing backlogs.
I know people waiting for so long to get GC.
I wish their cases approved soon. Yes, bcis must follow first come first served basis.

The backlog reduction petition doing it's job nicely.
So what is NJ Team's role in immigration issues?
mobilising people to fight this backlog issue can be another issue.
We have enough issues in immigration. No more issues please.....

BAADSHAH,
Please learn to accept good suggestions instead of making retaliatory suggestions. I appreciate that you have struck to a good language (unlike some jokers) but if you look back at my suggestion, it was pretty generic to every one and i am sure it makes sense to every one. You simply seem to have taken it personally and made a retaliatory suggestion that was nonsensical. What i am doing is mobilising people to fight this backlog issue. If you are facing injustice, what do you do ? You simply watch it till the end ? No, you should fight and we are definitely doing a good job. If you are in the core team, then you will understand the various things happening (our efforts). You will soon realize the effects of our actions. Based on your disinterest (discouragement) in my efforts, it appears to me that you have already got GC or you are counting on getting it within weeks. Good luck on your GC, but please don't ask people not to do anything to fight the backlog. Don't be sure that it won't work. Nobody can predict the future. You ought to put efforts if you want any results.

dsatish

Lesson learnt - If you don't like something, ignore it, don't put comments and push it to top of the list. Everyone here is a mature intelligent individual, suggestions like this are not going to help anything but only get you responses like you have got (another suggestion by me).

BTW if you had liked the thread share the excitement and joy of India's win with others, I was up till the last run was scored 12:57 am and it was fun.

:D :D :D

BAADSHAH,
Please learn to accept good suggestions instead of making retaliatory suggestions.

:D:D LOL :D:D

It is possible only for you to JUMP like piingpong ball
on a very miild kICK

Originally posted by BAADSHAH
They already told that they are in the process of reducing backlogs.
I know people waiting for so long to get GC.

The backlog reduction petition doing it's job nicely.
So what is NJ Team's role in immigration issues?
mobilising people to fight this backlog issue can be another issue.
We have enough issues in immigration. No more issues please.....
"THEY already told" lots of things like there is no freeze. Backlogs will be taken care off in no time, etc. But we haven't had anything concrete yet. As far the petition doing its job, how do you think the petition is going to do its job unless it is delivered to the people who make implement its concerns?

The NJ Team's role in the immigration issue is to bring these injustices to light. If you don't care about the speed of GC approval, then there is no need for you to participate. I am sure we carry hundred more useless people like you on our backs when we fight for reduction of backlogs. But DON'T knock someone who is trying to help solve the problem.

If you do not want to participate in such efforts, then don't. Why do you want to discourage other people who are fighting on your behalf?

To everyone else, please igore the messages from these people. There will always be black sheep for every effort.

The so called state team is taking concrete steps while eating solid stuff in desi restaurent. And this team will bring these injustices to flash-light. Are you one of the useful team member?

Are you here to get your GC over night.

Your road-side negotiations/meetings does not help for speed approval.

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
"THEY already told" lots of things like there is no freeze. Backlogs will be taken care off in no time, etc. But we haven't had anything concrete yet. As far the petition doing its job, how do you think the petition is going to do its job unless it is delivered to the people who make implement its concerns?

The NJ Team's role in the immigration issue is to bring these injustices to light. If you don't care about the speed of GC approval, then there is no need for you to participate. I am sure we carry hundred more useless people like you on our backs when we fight for reduction of backlogs. But DON'T knock someone who is trying to help solve the problem.

Originally posted by BAADSHAH
The so called state team is taking concrete steps while eating solid stuff in desi restaurent. And this team will bring these injustices to flash-light. Are you one of the useful team member?

Are you here to get your GC over night.

Your road-side negotiations/meetings does not help for speed approval.

What kind of bullshit is this? You come here with 6 posts, 4 of which are in this thread, and presume you know the pulse of the entire immigration community?

For the last time before you go on my ignore list:

1. No, I am not a part of the NJ team though I am definitely a strong supporter of what they are doing about the immigration backlog.

2. Assuming your bad grammer and rhetorical question about bringing backlog processing to (flash) light is interpreted correctly, YES, the group will attempt to bring the problem to the attention of those who can do something about it.

3. No I am not here to get my GC overnight, I am here to fight for my basic human rights. To draw the attention of the Congress, to the fact that INS is not implementing the law signed by the sitting President that immigration applicants get relief within 6 months of applying to the INS.

4. Thank you for your opinion about our "road-side negotiations/meetings", it has been filed in the exact same place that INS has kept your 485 application (the DUSTBIN). When I am looking for useless suggestions, I will be sure to contact you.

Now as you don't have anything useful to say for yourself, you have just been relegated to my ignore list.

Have a nice day!

It does not matter about number of posts.

6 or 60 or 6000

Every one started with 1 :D:D

He was silent visitor and probably he jumped in, as not able to tolerate any more the stupidity of people's false approaches

these stupid apprroaches will benefit no more than screw up the things deep in. :D:D

My best suggestion to everyone is Please ignore the thread, if it is not of your taste.

Let some like minded people have some fun like this and other like minded people who would like to fight for their rights let them do it. Everyone contribute to this forum in their one way.

We can't run a show without commercials, I consider these threads as commercials. These threads might bring some new members. If most of us don't like such posts then instead of bashing just ignore, so thread will become inactive without any response from others.

I opened this thread just to have a break but I never had the intention of replying to this but ended up posting this message after reading all the messages (bashings).

Mr Edison

You are still mild just like a typical scientist or real working horse.

But chatter-boxes need some breaks and kicks, so that a society can hear voice of some wise people :D

Originally posted by 1amShantanuB
Mr Edison

You are still mild just like a typical scientist or real working horse.

But chatter-boxes need some breaks and kicks, so that a society can hear voice of some wise people :D

What I feel is correct might not be acceptable to everyone, So it is better to avoid argument.

Cool, Let's hear the voice of wise people!!!!!:D :D :D