India Dual Citizenship Mega Thread (Merged)

The India Dual Citizenship will be Operational:

• In 2003

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • In 2004

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Sometime after 2004

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I am skeptical if this will happen

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is Blacklisting?

Why would anybody renounce USA citizenship But please note the Indian Law for OCi clearly states that if you bad mouth India (aka Indian Constitution code word used) you will be Blacklisted.
/QUOTE]

I am not sure whether "notdualatall" knows anything about Indian Law... Indian constitution provides "Freedom of Speech" as one of the fundamental rights of citizen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_Rights_in_India)

If someone likes to keep their US citizen, they probably should go ahead with it and if someone else likes to switch to their Indian citizenship, that is their choice. There is nothing good or bad about either of the two choices - Just personal preference!!

No point bad-mouthing any country (India), just because someone has acquired the citizenship of another country (USA).

Is is £200 Million acutally - then it's worth the risk!!

I live in UK. I have recently got british passport. Do i have to surrender my indian passport ? Can i travel to india on my indian passport.
One of my friends who has british passport still uses indian passport to travel to india and he never had any problems.
Why waste about £200 just to get an oci card while i can keep indian passport. How would the custom at indian airport will know that i have also british passport if i dont carry that with me .
Since even after getting oci you return to india and after 1 year can get the indian citizenship again and will have two passport , so why surrender it in the first place ?

Just to let you know, if you are ever caught traveling on "Indian Passport" after having obtained the UK citizenship, you risk federal and legal punishments (including imprisonment for traveling on forged document!) from both Indian and UK authorities... to me, £200, is not worth enough to take such a risk... if it's about £200 Million, may be I'll consider ;)