Increase in non-concurrent 140 approvals

bigbadwolf

Registered Users (C)
Is it just me or does it look like the number of concurrent 140 and 485 approvals has gone down in the last 2 weeks. It now looks like more people are getting just 140 approved without corresponding 485 approval. Has the regression started kicking in already?

140 eb2s are still stuck though. i havent seen anything recently the ratio between eb3:eb2 atleast on this forum is like 20:1

still some concurrent

bigbadwolf, i hope that is not the case! I have seen two or three Sep-October people get RFEs for their I-485 without getting an I-140 approval. So i'm still hopeful that they're adjudicating concurrently.

bigbadawolf,
I think concurrent approvals came through for guys whose 485 was in the range of labor pd. I'm estimating NSC is approving 485 for applications around Feb/Mar 03 labor pd ?
Any takers?

wilaborgc:

Could you tell me how do you get the Feb/Mar time frame? My labor is filed on April, 2003. Does that mean my I-485 could be approved soon?

I dont think that is accurate. Then what is the point of concurrent approvals? Was the whole point not to wait for 140 until 485 became ready for approval? Why approve 140 now before 485? wei, he is just guessing.

be frankly, i really don't care about 485 any more. i just need to get my 140 approved as soon as possible. it doesn't bother me if i can use ac21 while waiting for 485. anyways, bbf, i think they are still processing concurrent cases recently. infinity just got approved for both cases. i hope nsc gets enough time to process nov and dec cases before there is any change in the policy. everytime there is a new policy, we become the victim.

me too.
I dont care if I-140 is approved concurrently with I-485.
All I want now is approval for my I-140, as that will give me some relief and independance from my employer.

wilaborgc said:
bigbadawolf,
I think concurrent approvals came through for guys whose 485 was in the range of labor pd. I'm estimating NSC is approving 485 for applications around Feb/Mar 03 labor pd ?
Any takers?
Well my labor PD is No-2001 and havent seen any movement in my case except for the LUD for FP results on 10-27-2004.

concurrent processing still alive

It looks like concurrent processing may still be alive at least in my case. I got the I-485 approval 1 day after i got my i-140 approval. I was truly not expecting it... i was thinking it would come a month or so later.

Anyway, I am SO lucky. I feel very very sad for people who had applied before me and are still suffering. i hope that your applications will also be approved very soon.

NSC- EB3
PD: 07/2001
RD: 10/21/2003 (concurrent I-140/I-485)
FP: 05/2004
I-140 AD: 12/06/2004
I-485 AD: 12/08/2004