Incovenience:EAD validity window keeps shrinking

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
It is advisable that we submit EAD renewal forms 100 days prior to expiration. Who would risk to get out of status due to EAD processing time delays ?
My first EAD card expires on May 15th.
I submitted renewal on January 24th.
Renewal has been approved on March 7th.

That means that next time I should submit renewal paperwork on December 2006. Well, do the math and you will learn that in three more renewals, I will have to submit the renewal the paperwork every month ?! It sounds irrational and expensive to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocking is the only word I have for this. This should be a good thing to include in the fact sheet when talking to lawmakers to demonstrate the pain we have been submitted to - as if one really cares about it.

ipcomUser said:
I am going thru the same thing and its my 4th EAD, This is how USCIS are making money now..

Latest scam ...

Ladies and Gents,

Welcome to the wayward ways of the USCIS. Last year when I had applied for my 2nd EAD, they had tranferred it to the wrong office and it took a lot of effort to get them approved. They were valid till March 06. Fearing that the same would happen to my 3rd EAD I applied in December 05 and they approved it withing a week but with the expiration date of one year from approval. So I lost 3-4 months in the process. But what can we do. I would rather pay a little than run the risk of not getting it on time and running around for an interim one.

My only hope is to be approved before I have to apply for my 4th EAD. If I am forced to apply for my 4th EAD, then it would be really sad indeed.

regards,

saras76

It looks like H1 year by Year extensions after 6 years are better than these EAD extensions!!
I heard some got 2 years EAD? are they stopped issuing multiple years valid EAD?

I think the idiots from CIS just confused with first application and renewel. My 2nd EAD didn't shrink but but my AP did. There should be a way to correct it but it would be big hassle.

Applying for EAD

Well, I applied for my 5th EAD in November of last year, by Christmas they sent me the EAD with wrong dates...it was expiring in Jan2006 instead of January 2007. Anyway, I sent it back on January 3, in the meantime the current EAD was getting close to expiration (Jan 15). I called USCIS and they told me not to worry about it, my application was approved and I could keep working. On January 18 I got an email from CRIS stating that my application was approved....I thought it was the revision of my EAD...and no, it was my I-485. Few days later I got my GC. And 2 weeks ago I got a letter from USCIS satating that my I-765 was being denied because as a PR I do not need an EAD....good bye $180.00...and because we also applied EAD for my wife, and my wife also got the GC at the same time, we had to say good bye to to another $180.00.
As a separate notes, all my EADs except the second one that was slightly delayed took less than 3 months to be processed. Only the first one and the last one were done on paper, the other ones were e-filed.

crema2000 said:
Well, I applied for my 5th EAD in November of last year, by Christmas they sent me the EAD with wrong dates...it was expiring in Jan2006 instead of January 2007. Anyway, I sent it back on January 3, in the meantime the current EAD was getting close to expiration (Jan 15). I called USCIS and they told me not to worry about it, my application was approved and I could keep working. On January 18 I got an email from CRIS stating that my application was approved....I thought it was the revision of my EAD...and no, it was my I-485. Few days later I got my GC. And 2 weeks ago I got a letter from USCIS satating that my I-765 was being denied because as a PR I do not need an EAD....good bye $180.00...and because we also applied EAD for my wife, and my wife also got the GC at the same time, we had to say good bye to to another $180.00.
As a separate notes, all my EADs except the second one that was slightly delayed took less than 3 months to be processed. Only the first one and the last one were done on paper, the other ones were e-filed.
Crema2000. How about this i will give you those 360$ and you can give me your approved GC. Man be thankfull that you have finally got out of this god forsaken mess. By the way congrats and please quit bitching about money..