Incorrect SSN in INS records ( i am screwed)

dude_22

Registered Users (C)
Guru\'s pls help me out, I am so scared, I just came back from INS office after getting my finger printing done. but while going through the process I noticed that in their (INS)record they have different SSN, I asked the person who was taking my finger prints, he said go to social security office and apply again for your social security no. If I change here it will add more delay.

I am worried now, Pls guide me what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Don\'t worry

Please talk to your attorney first. They should find a way to fix the clerical error. There is nothing to be afraid as far as I know. I know these things are the least we expect. I sincerely hope they can correct this error without much hassle.
GOODLUCK
Prasad

ITIN and SSN

When applying for i-485, my wife did not have SSN. So she entered taxPayer ID number. But while taking fingerprint she had SSN (on the basis of EAD card). So FP clerk updated the record with new SSN. Can anybody tell is it going to create any problems ?

For tauraus02...

I think you are fine because my wife was in the same situation like your wife (ITIN # while filing 485 and SSN # for fingerprint).
Recently we both got approved, and i didn\'t notice any problems or dealys in the process. In fact, i didn\'t even notice whether the FP clerk has updated the records. But i am damn sure that i wrote her SSN# in the FP application form.
Hope this info helped you.

No Title

Thanks Prasad,
but the problem is finger printing has been done on basis on wrong SSN and they will send those paper to FBI and FBI will do the check on wrong SSN and can screw me up.
I spoke to my lawyer he said he\'ll call INS to find out. I am still worried.

Thanks