Incorrect entries at Rupnet

thukralrk

Registered Users (C)
This could be the NSC's slow update problem ... but,

I checked a couple of LINs from Rupnet using online case status. It appears that some people have posted their cases as approved even when the online status says it is still pending.

In one case I found that someone set the approval date, when only the I140 or EAD was approved, and the LIN number for such cases (I140, EAD applications etc) was used.

I guess there are some of us who are not very clear about using Rupnet site, and hence the information provided is not 100% correct.

rupnet is by far the

most accurate than anything available in this universe.
real filers reporting honestly(in most cases) when something changes on their filing status. There are some outliers like
6 months approvals, intentional/unintentional/or careless/or carefree typing of garbage numbers. But 80 to 90 percent who come forward and update give us some idea. And we should know that rupnet merely represents less than 10 percent of applicants that are filed or processed at the service centers at a given time frame. So make your own judgement.
In both sites we all need to post accurately and share clean information from variety of sources (like friends, lawyers or other web sites) to make this really a worthwhile site.

thukralrk,

I had my passport stamped last week but my online status still shows as 'RFE response received'. So I wouldn't fully trust the online status from my experience.

Pardoner

I am not sure about Rupnet...

My Id on Rupnet is StillWaiting (created around June 2002). However, now it refuses to accept more than 8 characters in ID field. So I cannot enter anything (I wanted enter details about my EAD - 3rd application).

Therefore now if I want to enter any details, I have to create a new ID to enter details (I tried sending mail to rupnet - but did not get any reply). So there goes the stats and ratios of applications to approvals etc.

We all are just groping around in the dark and...

StillWaiting...

I agree

the UI at rupnet could use some work. I think most of the screwups are because of that.

your 10% is wrong, rupnet is a far smaller sample. Just think BCIS says there are well over 1 million I485's outstanding, 10% would be 100,000 I highly doubt there are even 5,000 entries on rupnet.

The idea is great, but it should make entering LIN mandatory (perhaps hideable) and then rupnet could ensure/verify/notify of status changes. Then maybe you could call it reasonably accurate, though the fact is that its not a representative sample, not only sizewise, but also due to the high percentage of Country=IND visitors.