Inconsistences at Mumbai Consulate with regard to PCC

No Title

here\'s the email address for the consulate
MUMBAIIV@state.gov

Once your I-140 is approved you need to file I-184 form. Once you receive the receipt for I-I824 you can send P3 to the consulate. If all goes well here\'s the time frame:
File I-1824 form : 1 week
Arrival of receipt: 2-3 weeks
Send P3 to consulate : 1week
Once consulate receives your P3 your interview will be scheduled 2 months from that point.

File I -184

Thanks Bluegrass for a quick response. Well, my case is being handled by my Company\'s Attorney and he said that now after the 140 is Approved, we need to wait for NVC to mail us packet 3. He did not mention anything about this I-184.

Can you please tell me that should I be initiating this before I get any response from NVC or this I-184 is a part of packet 3.

Thanks,
Dineshgk

No Title

Let me ask you if you had already opted for CP in your I-140. If yes then you will have to wait for NVC to send P3. If you did not then you can apply for AC-I140. If you fall under the mumbai consulate jurisdiction then this is faster or else I think people have not had good experiences.

From your local address in India

Vikram,
You can get it from Police Commissioner\'s office from your local address. You have to apply in person. They send enquiry to your local police station. Local police station takes your statement and send NOC to commissioner\'s office and then CP office issue the PCC.

RajC

No Title

In that case you will have to wait to hear from NVC. You cannot opt for AC-140 since you had alreay opted for CP. I am not too familiar with that route since mine was AC-140. As far as I know, NVC will send you P3, you will have to fill it and then send to St. Louis and then they will send it to Mumbai consulate. No idea about the time frame in that case. You might want to ask someone else.

sure - post your email address and I\'ll forward it

However, I do suggest that you also email the consulate and once you get a reply - carry that email with you. So that it has your name and case number on it.

AA Kumar

Thanks for your note! To tell you the truth I wasn\'t expecting a reply from the consulate either. But I thought I\'d give it a shot in anycase. Never hurts to try and also I was quite irritated by the whole procedure. And the person who replied was the Consulate General himself (Jake Aller). So you are right - atleast someone has their act together at mumbai consulate. I just wish they would convey the message a little more consistently.

Anyway, with regard to your question about flights : Yes we did fly out of Boston. We flew Air France from Boston to Bombay and the ticket worked out to be close to $1200. However, I would not recomment flying Air France. They are a terrible airline. Everytime I have flown them, including this time, I have lost my baggage! I have decided never to fly them again. I would recommend flying either Lufthansa or British Airways. Even Swissair is good. I believe they have changed their name though.
Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions and good luck with your greencard.

bluegrass

Hi,

Thanks for your reply to my earlier query. Another ? for you :).

I was wondering if it is possible to get medical here in the US before you leave. Did you enquire about this at all? Also, when did you set up your appt. at Bombay for medical (I think if I\'m not mistaken you indicated in one of your posts that you attended medical in Bombay). My IV date is 7/23, so I\'m wondering if I should set up the appt. now itself.

Could you pls. email me directly @ ashoka@lucent.com.

Thanks much.

Great job Bluegrass, however we need to look back at the reason for these inconsistencies...

i recollect in thepast, CPers were taking local PCC on their own assumptions. i know a couple of cases on this board where they submitted the local PCC inspite of not being asked at the window. this basically confuses the indian staff at the window and they accept it as a required document and demand for it.

if it wouldnt have been for these smart asses, there wouldnt have been so much pain and agony for Cpers.

however way to go Bluegrass. RAJC let me know the next time you go for vacation.., just kidding.

RajC

You should definately complain and write a letter to the consulate. I know exactly what you went through. It was just a waste of time and money. I didn\'t even get a letter from the consulate!
Anyway, all is done now. You\'ll never have to deal with those people again.

Good news I got reply from Mumbai as well, no local PCC

Yes you may bring the PCC only from the Indian Consulate/Embassy in the US.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 6:25 PM
To: \'mumbaiiv@state.gov\'
Subject: PCC requirement for Employment based (E2) Immigrant Visa
Importance: High

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am expecting my Employment Based Immigrant Visa interview somewhere in August. Presently I am working in USA & this case is under process by National Visa Center.

For this interview I have already obtained the Police Clearance Certificate from Indian Consulate in USA. They issued this PCC after making proper enquiry from concerned police stations in India through passport office.

All my efforts to get police certificate from different local police stations (in various states) of India, where I lived in past, has failed. The general response is police stations are not authorized to issue such certificate.

My request/question is whether the PCC issued by Indian Consulate in USA (which is issued after making proper query in India) is sufficient or not. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards

copy of mumbai consulate reply.

Bluegrass

I have an interview in June 21 st, is it possible for you to send me a copy of the e-mail received from the conuslate with date and all details, so that I can present to them incase the rake up the issue of Local PCC.

If so I will send you my private e-mail id

Regards

Victim of Local PCC at Mumbai

Thanks BlueGrass for your posting on local PCC issue.
I am also the victim of this inconsistency at Mumbai consulate and I am going to write to them. My interview was on May 20th and inspite of having PCC from India Embassy in WDC they send us back. We were 5-6 cases in same situations. The Indian lady (Mrs. Karandikar) was really rude. She was not ready to listen to us at all. Finally I went to my town to get local PCC. Anybody can imagine how much we need to struggle to get official document from Police Dept and that too in urgency. But anyway after 3 days I got PCC for myself and my wife. Travelled all the way from my hometown back to Mumbai (675 km). Same thing as you mentioned waited since 7:45 till 1:00 pm and then again till 4:30 pm to get visa. It was horrible experience for us. It screwed up all my vacation plans. Waste of energy, time and money.

After I returned back to my hometown with Visa, next day I received a letter from consulate saying I don\'t need local PCC and my visa has been approved. That moment I thought of killing this bastards.

Anyway that was the whole story about my CP. I am back in US now and waiting for my next vacation in India.

RajC

bluegrass my -email id

my e-mail id is gopal@wt.net

We asked this question two months back to the consualte and they replied to us only consulate PCC is required. Since yours is latest it will help us. We are finding it extremely difficult to get PCC from local police station and thanks your help

Gopal

even if he opted for CP in 140 he can do Ac140

Mine is AC140 case and approved for CP. I filed 824 and doing AC140. Mumbai consider hardship of getting 824 approved is sufficient reason to go for AC140. I posted my experience in this web site. If any one is searching for AC140 then they would definitely see that.

At least in my case it is approved for chennai and I filed 824 to change the consulate from chennai to Mumbai and doing AC140. But I know atleast 2 guys doing AC140 with Mumbai after having 140 approved for CP that too Mumbai. They just filed 824 and requested Mumbai. They accepted. If a person opted for CP in 140 then he cannnot do AC140, this statement is not correct.

PC Process

Hello Bluegrass,

We had opted for the CP right while applying for 140. And in the 140 approval that we received they had mentioned that this file has been sent to NVC for Consular Processing. And if you have not recieved a response from NVC in 90 days then contact them directly and they have given their contact tel number.

So what would be the process now.... I need to wait for Packet 3 and till then nothing should be done ffrom my side.... Right... And Yes I come under Mumbai Consulate.

So what do you estimate my time frame should be from now.... And what would be by next steps... And is there still is any part for complications.......

I know I have asked you too much at one time. Please try and answer whatever you feel appropriate.

Thanks,
Dineshgk