In Suspense because of Fingerprinting Fee

loosian1

Registered Users (C)
I filed my and my wife's 485 several weeks ago.
(EB2-Concurrent Filing.)
Yesterday I received the receipts. My wife's fine
and mine seems to have a red light.

Unlike my wife, I got two receipts. One shows I paid
the full, correct amount ($395.00), and the other one is
in fact a billing notice for Fingerprinting fee ($70.00).
The two checks for $395 were already cleared.
Both of them were issued on the same date. Confused.

I thought initially it's an obvious error I shouldn't worry.
But after reading some posts, I am a lot concerned.
The uscis website says that my application is in suspense.
What should I do? Do I need to worry or not?
Please give me some advice.

Thanks.

Massage reads like this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Fingerprint fee rejected and notice mailed; case in suspense.

On April 9, 2007, we rejected your fingerprint fee and mailed you instructions for how to submit the necessary payment. This case is now in suspense. Please submit your payment with our notice as soon as possible after you receive our notice so we may resume processing of this case.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The uscis cleared checks. ($395.00) As I mentioned above,
with the suspense message, I received a right receipt. Does
this mean mine is really in suspense even if the uscis got the
right amount of money and sent me a receipt?

Thanks.

Why don't you take an InfoPass appointment, and ask the immigration officer about it? Take all your receipts and documents with you.

Why don't you take an InfoPass appointment, and ask the immigration officer about it? Take all your receipts and documents with you.

i called the uscis this morning, but failed to achieve anything.
the infopass seems a better option. i made an appointment at
the local office which is 1 hour 30 mins away from where i live.
i will visit the local office on tuesday.

Hi
I am in the same sitaution as you, i have sent in the correct fees and all my checks have been cashed too, the 485 reciept notice says that they have received $395 as payment.

I did not receive any notice about the rejected finger printing fees.

What did you do in your case ? did you receive the notice and how did you replay to it.

Please share your experiences, it will be a lot of help.

Thanks

My attorneys paid the $325 fee and the $70 fee on separate checks, so I guess there must be a rule about paying them separately. Maybe there's a way they could refund you the $395 and then you could write them separate checks? It seems ridiculous but would not suprise me if this is a reason why it's in suspense.

fingerprint issues

I'm in the same situation, my LUD on 7/16 from NSC shows fingerprint fee rejected, my checks were cached just fine ($325+$70), both checks show the same receipt #. Weird thing is that my wife's 485 and FP ($325+$70 with same receipt#) don't show any finger print issues. IO said it might take 15-45 days to get the notificiation with instructions. Anyone can share anything on the possible issues in these situations? Is there any way to find out what is the problem sooner? please share your actions required on 797?

My case:
485/131/AP Filed on 6/20/07 for all based on EB3 (rest of the world PD 03/2005).