In I-485 Address Change

chags

Registered Users (C)
I am in I485. Now i need to change my address. How can i deal with this? Any Suggestions...

Is it true that if we change the address(by AR11 or by calling) in between the process I-485 application will result in moving my case to Local office? Can anyone throw some light on this issue.

:confused: Chags
EB3 -PD - 19 June 2002
I140 - RD - Oct 22 2004
AD - Feb 08 2005
I485 - RD - Oct 22 2004
- AD - ?
FP - Apirl 28 2005

You must File the AR-11. This updates your address with homeland security.

ALSO PHONE the USCIS and get the addressed changed on all your pending cases. The AR-11 will NOT do this.
If you have a spouse they must do it also. You can not do this for them. You can update all minor childrens cases.
Have your receipt date, and receipt numbers ready. Once done you will receive a letter telling you it was updated.
No this has no bearing on if your case gets sent to the local office or not.

Thanks a lot grunggy, your information is really supportive. Do you know USCIS phone number to change the address on our cases.

Chags

grunggy said:
You must File the AR-11. This updates your address with homeland security.

ALSO PHONE the USCIS and get the addressed changed on all your pending cases. The AR-11 will NOT do this.
If you have a spouse they must do it also. You can not do this for them. You can update all minor childrens cases.
Have your receipt date, and receipt numbers ready. Once done you will receive a letter telling you it was updated.
No this has no bearing on if your case gets sent to the local office or not.