In distress

HLZANGEL

Registered Users (C)
I think I am the only guy who has probably prayed that my 485 gets delayed. I was planning on getting married in July my WAC is 02-050.
If what has been posted in the previous discussions is true I dont have a clue what I am going to do.
I am in deep shit.
Anyone here who is planning on getting married soon but there is a good chance that their AOS gets approved before their marriage.
Any suggestions folks. Any new rule that I am not aware of which might help me.

Thanks in advance.

Have you done FP?

The best bet is to delay FP so there is no chance the I-485 will be approved before that. I am not sure what else can delay your case. If you\'re lucky (hmm this sounds ironic and ridiculous but holds in this case) you might get an RFE which you can delay till the last days to reply or better enough you might not get approved until Aug (if INS moves with the same speed it is currently moving there is no chance Nov RD\'s will get approved anytime before that.

OOPs looks like above messages

were just posted while I was writing my reply so ignore my question about FP.

My choices

The catch is if my AOS does not get approved by July25 I am fine. By then I will be married so I can get my wife on follow to join. So my options are to withdraw(dont know the consequences and I dont know if I am prepared to go through this ugly process again might as well pack up and go home) or hope that my case is delayed somehow.

looks like I am going to get my ass kicked(by my wife) even before I get married.

thats easy!! A question though

What happens to the one I am supposed to get married to end of next month?

Dump her!

Of course I am kidding. This may work, call IIO every day to inquire about your case, "piss them off", they will probably delay your case. This is based in some info published time ago that IIOs apparently don\'t like people who call too often, and purposefully delay their cases. Other thing you could do is to call an IIO and explain the case, perhaps they will honor a request to do what they can do best --take long to act on any type of application :)

My 2 humorous cents.

I have made this suggestion earlier

plan of action
==================

fly to home town on weekend and get married in court and take pictures and get certificate within next week.

fly to home town on scheduled date (end july in your case) and have ur reception /honeymoon/party etc etc as normal

If executed properly it can be done in 4-5 days of which two days can be the weekend.

Dont mess with yr life - dont take a chance

if You r approved before actual marriage not only will your wife scream at you but you yourself say over and over and over again

Why did I not get married earlier ?????

I was in the same boat.

The best thing to do is get married ASAP. It is your life-partner or GC, you decide. But dont do anything foolish like withdraw and re-file......

there was a message a few months back

from a person who got married maybe 1 day after approval and was trying to find out if because of time difference between Phillipines and California if he could benefit.

I tell you one thing - dont go by the percentages and the probabilities. and the calculations etc etc.

What if your case is the first case to be picked up. Face it someone has to be first right!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just consider what will happen if you get approved before your marriage date.

Call your family and her family and explain the consequences and arrange for Court marriage or Arya Samaj or in Temple or somewhere etc etc as per your religion and get it over with.

In this way you will not have any sleepless nights

The cost of doing this is just 1500 usd (cost of ticket) but there will be hell to pay if you by some chance get approved.

My 2 cents

very compelling

Hi RSGC

Ur arguments are very compelling but thats not really an option for my family. People back home unforunately do not understand the consequences of the predicament I am facing.
The only thing that I can do is get married in court a little earlier which will be like second week of july. WAC02 have started getting approved so the odds of mine not getting approved till the mid of july looks impossible.

I do plan on talking to IIO first thing monday morning.

Looks like my problems are just starting! My life sucks right now :(

You have given up hope without trying

You have to sit and convince your family

Dont treat this lightly

contact your lawyer and ask him to draft a small letter on his letterhead with his signature explaining that

In case you are approved for green card before your marriage blah blah blah

ask him to keep this short and sweet and if he can add some reference
like "under section xxx sub section yyy"

This letter you could use to convince your family and the girls family

Try your best

Dont give up hope

try to enlist someone elder on your side like your uncle or aunt who your family will listen to

Do Your best

and if nothing works - elope and get married

convince your future wife

try all angles

rsrgc is right..

Stop counting the date, but start collecting all the required documents from your future wife. Show them the seriousness of you and the GC process.

Then, try to convince them about your solution of Marriage Certificate.

a small story

we are hindus and Though I do not have specifics - There are some months around september october when no hindu gets married. But there are gujratis who get married in that time.

I fail to understand how it is considered auspicious by one community based on planets and stars and others consider the same month as inauspicous.

With all due respect I feel this Kundali and marriage dates are only a method used by the priest to gain power and control over us.

I think this is the main basic reason behind the marriage date that your families want to stick to.

You will find that in the Sikh culture and the Christianity culture they say all days are days of God and all days and dates are good.

Best of Luck !!!!!!!!