*****IMPORTANT-WHICH is important -Priority date vs Notification Date which

Joany

Someone please reply to this message. My priority date is 03/1997 but my ND is 03/2001.
Which one will be taken into consideration while processing?????
I have waited so long and people with Priority dates AFTER me are getting
approvals.....
Is this fair?????
Thanks.

No Title

Hi blessedalways,
I spoke to a lawyer about this and he agreed that what INS is doing is grossly unfair. But i don\'t think there is anything to be done about it. So as your name says, just assume that you are blessed in other ways.
For the record, My PD is May 96 (still waiting). Hit all the roadblocks in town (lot of law changes that worked against me). But i am sure there are other guys who are/have waited more than me.

No Title

Only ND matters, not priority date. PD is for filing I-485, i.e., if the PD for your country is not current for your EB category (it\'s current for all the countries now), then you can\'t file I-485.

Thank you trying for your reply

Thanks for taking the time and replying to my message. As you pointed out I am definately blessed otherwise, why crib about something that is not in my control. Good luck to you too!
Thanks
blessedalways.

No Title

From what I know, INS processes 485 applications by notice date. But INS will not process an application if the priority date for that application is not current.

Example.

Person A has ND = Jun 00 and PD = 12/99. Person B has ND = Jun 00 and PD = 12/97. Rest of the things (like category and country) are same for both. If currently, the visa date for this country and category is 06/98, then INS will only process Person B\'s application. It will process Person A\'s application only when his priority date becomes current.

A priority date can retrogress after someone applies for 485 causing such scenarios.

PD Retrogress

I have heard that the PD could possilly retreat again in the near future. Is anyone have idea as to how soon it will happen?

no procedures in INS

Hey Guys,
    We will become idiots if we try to make some sense how INS is working. Each INS has its own methods and it changes any time to their convineance.All we can do is cross your finger and relax.