Immigration Voice has been a leader in getting relief for our
community. After several rounds of discussions with the Administration
in past several months and after thousands of active IV members
writing letters to the administration over the period of last three
months we a good news to share. In the next 48 hours we will be making
an important announcement about the first set of Admin Fix we have
been able to achieve. We understand and share the plight of student
community who continue to join our community in larger numbers. This
Admin fix will address some the issues of student community also.

We are currently working on Phase II of this campaign at a state
chapter level and are engaged in active discussions for the next round
of Admin fixes. Please inform your friends and others in the community
about this announcement so that they can benefit from it and also take
part in the phase II of the campaign. Please continue to actively
participate, contribute and support Immigration voice to further your
cause.

what the hell is the update? stop spamming this board if you don't have any information.

MAJOR UPDATE FROM USCIS IN THE NEXT 49 HOURS: NOBODY GETS A GC THIS YEAR

Message from IV

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18167

Major Admin Fix update in the next 48 hours
Immigration Voice would like to thank our members who actively
participated in the Admin Fix campaign. Its time to see the result of
our hard work.

Immigration Voice has been a leader in getting relief for our
community. After several rounds of discussions with the Administration
in past several months and after thousands of active IV members
writing letters to the administration over the period of last three
months we a good news to share. In the next 48 hours we will be making
an important announcement about the first set of Admin Fix we have
been able to achieve. We understand and share the plight of student
community who continue to join our community in larger numbers. This
Admin fix will address some the issues of student community also.

We are currently working on Phase II of this campaign at a state
chapter level and are engaged in active discussions for the next round
of Admin fixes. Please inform your friends and others in the community
about this announcement so that they can benefit from it and also take
part in the phase II of the campaign. Please continue to actively
participate, contribute and support Immigration voice to further your
cause.

what the hell is the update? stop spamming this board if you don't have any information.

MAJOR UPDATE FROM USCIS IN THE NEXT 49 HOURS: NOBODY GETS A GC THIS YEAR

Hey... don't speak like that... or some one will jump in and said there is no more VISA# for the next 10 years and ask for your support dollars to get things thru....
:p

Can some one paste the update here, I cant seem to open the link even after logging in to IV.
Thanks

C'mon, my dear friend, everyone else could. Anyway, here it is, helps those who do not want to even bother logging onto IV

Major update for Admin Fix - 03/28/2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to all the IV members who participated in Admin Fixes campaign, especially the members who participated in letter writing campaign. Kudos to all the State chapter leaders who have worked diligently to gather support for Admin fixes. Selfless effort from State Chapter Leaders and participation in State Chapters have been instrumental in enabling us to release this information about the beginning of the successful Admin fixes campaign.

The following Admin fixes are likely to be announced in the first half of April:

1.) An action to lengthen the duration of EAD times may be proposed by the administration soon. EAD card validity period is likely to be extended to 2 years. We are still hoping that applicants will have to apply for EAD just once till an applicant get a decision on their I-485 application.
2.) OPT time duration is likely to be extended to 29 months from the current 1 year.

We have been able to bring attention to I-140 premium processing issue and fix for this is also expected soon.

IV is the primary force behind this proposal. We would like to Thank the Administration for considering the voice of thousands of letters and communications expressing our plight.

This is first in the series of administrative fixes expected over the period of several months. Kindly actively participate in the effort by strengthen the State Chapters and please contribute generously to IV. We are short on resources and need your help to continue to share more similar success stories for our community. Also, please use IV Tracker by entering your information so that ad revenue from our website help us fix EB Green Card backlog.

All the Best.

For some reason, when i log in to IV, it says I dont have "permission to view". Never happened before...

Isn't it amazing how IV is so quick to take credit for every single positive legislation regarding immigration?
Even if you have any negative opinions of them you have to admire their opportunism - they never fail. They must have one fulltime person just monitoring new legislations so that they can claim credit for them.

If the economy turns for the better I have no doubt they will claim credit for that as well.

Funny how none of the other immigration websites are attributing these legislations to iv, but to businesses instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Agree

I will have to agree with your post. While I do appreciate IV for taking the cue from "Lage Raho Munna Bhai" and practicing 'Gandhigiri,' I would like to see who wants to take credit for the following:

1. Removal of 'Traditional' and 'RIR' filing and approval of permanent labor certification with the SWAs.

2. Introduction of PERM.

3. Removal of labor-substitution rule.

4. Reduction of H1B quota from 195000 to 65000.

5. Introduction of 20000 H1Bs for U. S. Masters Degree holders.

While IV is a voluntary organization, it does give you an impression that you are not welcome if you do not contribute.

I am more comfortable sharing and posting on this portal than on IV. Thank God Rajiv S. Khanna doesn't demand contributions from its members.

Isn't it amazing how IV is so quick to take credit for every single positive legislation regarding immigration?
Even if you have any negative opinions of them you have to admire their opportunism - they never fail. They must have one fulltime person just monitoring new legislations so that they can claim credit for them.

If the economy turns for the better I have no doubt they will claim credit for that as well.

Funny how none of the other immigration websites are attributing these legislations to iv, but to businesses instead.

Why are you all so against IV. IV members are fellow immigrants just like you working hard towards what we believe in.

I am also an old member in this forum and do have high regards for Shree Rajiv Ji, does not mean that I hate IV.

IV is not just a website or a discussion forum, it is an organization formed to work towards solving our issues.

Most of you who complain, do not want to help yourself and expect others to do it for you.

Tracking, discussing issues does not help, working towards fixing issues helps.

WHats wrong with IV making an announcement? Does this not benefit our community? Why does other websites or organizations not announce the news?

Do you all know what is happening behind the scenes? Do you know the difficulty behind achieving our goals? Do you know how IV members are working hard with dedication and commitment?

Try stepping into our shoes and you will know how difficult it is to fix our issues.

Why are you all so against IV. IV members are fellow immigrants just like you working hard towards what we believe in.

I am also an old member in this forum and do have high regards for Shree Rajiv Ji, does not mean that I hate IV.

IV is not just a website or a discussion forum, it is an organization formed to work towards solving our issues.

Most of you who complain, do not want to help yourself and expect others to do it for you.

Tracking, discussing issues does not help, working towards fixing issues helps.

WHats wrong with IV making an announcement? Does this not benefit our community? Why does other websites or organizations not announce the news?

Do you all know what is happening behind the scenes? Do you know the difficulty behind achieving our goals? Do you know how IV members are working hard with dedication and commitment?

Try stepping into our shoes and you will know how difficult it is to fix our issues.

I don't hate or like IV. But I am also an old time members of this site. I have seen countless strikes from them by fear the people to death to try to raise supporting dollars and or taking the credit in advance of anybody else... well, it may be the lobbing efforts providing by IV to get the things thru... but who knows..

Thanks for all the hard work. You are doing great. Keep at it.

Not knowing "what is happening behind the scenes" is not a good thing. I think IV will be better off in achieving its goals by letting everyone know the entire journey(what all is happening along the way) instead of just announcing the final results.

Same story with USCIS/DOS. They do not tell us the entire story. (aka how many applications are pending? How many did they process? break it down by category, country of charge, priority date, receipt date.) They just publish a Visa Bulletin every month.
What good is that?

so.... Let us know what is being talked about in the regular meetings. What are the questions raised. What were the responses to those questions. They might be good, bad or ugly, but having them in the open helps everyone. And those actions should themself speak for IV instead of someone trying to campaign for IV. And please do not assume that no one will be interested in the details.