IMPORTANT-Retrogression

leroythelion

Registered Users (C)
As predicted, EB-1 and EB-2 for India and China have retrogressed. However, it is a lot worse than feared. Priority dates are somewhere in the area of the year 2000, give or take a bit. This is devastating news for anyone born in those countries. EB-3's have also moved backed significantly, so that is not an option. My advice, as always, is to get a petition in ASAP to get in line.

Brian

A local ethnic paper claimed that the state department projects
that EB-1 and EB-2 will retrogress soon for other countries too
like coming december. The paper reported october visa bulletin
will retrogress, last week. Hard to believe what they reported but
they are becoming a reality, I'm afraid.

fdfd said:
A local ethnic paper claimed that the state department projects
that EB-1 and EB-2 will retrogress soon for other countries too
like coming december. The paper reported october visa bulletin
will retrogress, last week. Hard to believe what they reported but
they are becoming a reality, I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, the prediction is probably true for other countries as well. EB-3 for "Other" countries is at 2001. Employment-based immigration is essentially dead.

Brian

leroythelion said:
As predicted, EB-1 and EB-2 for India and China have retrogressed. However, it is a lot worse than feared. Priority dates are somewhere in the area of the year 2000, give or take a bit. This is devastating news for anyone born in those countries. EB-3's have also moved backed significantly, so that is not an option. My advice, as always, is to get a petition in ASAP to get in line.

Brian

VEry sad!!! october 2005 bulletin has broken sevaral hearts today!
It will be difficult to beleive that PD has gone back upto 1998 & 2001.
Is these anyway lawyers & and these two nations together can help to get it straight.

I have very little knowledge but Can anyone explain me whether NIW and EB1-OR which are not labor based and no PD s are issued will get affected!!
Is it true that PD for these two cases will be there RD? Are they on same panel !!! PD back to 2001.

If yes .. EB1 is retro and it will take years for GC process! then I am planning to pack up and go back!!!!

MrGC2004 said:
VEry sad!!! october 2005 bulletin has broken sevaral hearts today!
It will be difficult to beleive that PD has gone back upto 1998 & 2001.
Is these anyway lawyers & and these two nations together can help to get it straight.

I have very little knowledge but Can anyone explain me whether NIW and EB1-OR which are not labor based and no PD s are issued will get affected!!
Is it true that PD for these two cases will be there RD? Are they on same panel !!! PD back to 2001.

If yes .. EB1 is retro and it will take years for GC process! then I am planning to pack up and go back!!!!

Well Mr GC!! I was told by relatively beleivable source that its ...............all irrespective of E1OR, NIW, Labor based ..without labor..all are getting affected by the new Retro rules!!! new VISA numbers ! indeed its frustrating for all of us! It will be interesting to see new processing dates from each Center goes back!!!! People from Asian countries are getting affected most!!! the PD (which is Rd for Eb1) is current for Eb1 from August 2002.

Its true E-Based GC is now dead!!! like you i am too planning to pack bags (but not without fight in my capacity) as as Eb1-OR candidate I worked hard to get my resume strong for years and now when I-140 was approved its going to frustrating to wait for so long!!!!!!In any case we are trying to motivate people here at my community to raise voice thru proper channel. I request all to do the same!!

Well, there is still hope that ....since so late cases are not pending in great amount..the dates will move fast to become current!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is unbelievable!!!

This is our worst nightmare coming true. EB1 Retrogressing to Aug 2002 for India and 2000 for China! That is horrible. They are also predicting any advance movements to be very slow.

Most of the retrogression is blamed on PERM and LC backlog processing. I do not understand how that can lead to a retrogression in EB1 where there are no LCs. And that too a retrogression that extreme? Anybody has any insights?

visa numbers

If there has been visa shortages then why some people were getting I-485+I-140 approved in less than 6 months and now rest of us has to wait for years.

EAD and AP

If some one has applied for I-485 which has not been approved but due to PD retrogression, can one apply or EAD and AP based on pening I-485?

Last edited by a moderator:
I beleive surprises from INS is integral functioning property
So even now they will surprise us with early approval and delayed cases.!
Yesh its surprising to em about EB1 retro !!!
Hope for the best for ammendments!
but this will happen only if do some mass movements!

EAD question on Retrogression

My wife plans to start using EAD for her next job. I have I-140 (OR) approved and I-485 pending (applied 3 months back). After hearing the current news on EB1 retrogression, I am a bit concerned whether she can use her EAD to work. Can anyone please suggest the implications for this... Please help
thanks a lot.

Are these retrogession dates (for EB1, EB2,...) going to get better after the new quota for 2006 Fiscal Year is released. Any idea ...?

satu said:
My wife plans to start using EAD for her next job. I have I-140 (OR) approved and I-485 pending (applied 3 months back). After hearing the current news on EB1 retrogression, I am a bit concerned whether she can use her EAD to work. Can anyone please suggest the implications for this... Please help
thanks a lot.

Are these retrogession dates (for EB1, EB2,...) going to get better after the new quota for 2006 Fiscal Year is released. Any idea ...?

I didn't read anywhere so far about EAD limitation. Till that point use of EAD for JOBs is fine. BTW do you already have one or still waiting for approval.

eb1doc said:
I didn't read anywhere so far about EAD limitation. Till that point use of EAD for JOBs is fine. BTW do you already have one or still waiting for approval.

Thanks for the reply.. .I already have one approved.. Can I use it.. and keep on getting in renewed every year...

pamit73 said:
Most of the retrogression is blamed on PERM and LC backlog processing. I do not understand how that can lead to a retrogression in EB1 where there are no LCs. And that too a retrogression that extreme? Anybody has any insights?

Logically, this is correct. EB-1 especially should not have been affected so drastically. I think the retrogression dates were pushed back to allow some time to take inventory of what is going on. I seriously doubt thare are a lot of pending cases from 1998-2002.

Brian

leroythelion said:
Logically, this is correct. EB-1 especially should not have been affected so drastically. I think the retrogression dates were pushed back to allow some time to take inventory of what is going on. I seriously doubt thare are a lot of pending cases from 1998-2002.

Brian

There is also some talk about backlog increase of 12% between
May and june 2005 due to congress action on asylee/refuge
or something. Some additional 170K+ cases....
As of couple of weeks ago, approvals from backlog center
and PERM reportedly remained low... well maybe it's different
now...

No worries about EAD and AP. As long as a 485 is pending, you can continue renewing them for an in-definite period of time. EADs for spouses follow the same rule.

If someone has an approved I-140 and waiting to complete something (i.e. medicals) before filing 485, I would recommend filing with what you have in-hand before the end of September. They will issue an RFE for anything that is missing, but atleast you will have an opportunity to appl for an renew EADs.

Guys,

i have a question regarding priority date (since it's so important nowadays
I applied as EB1OR (no LC). So my priority date should be the same one as RD', right?
Why when on I-140 approval notice I found PD=October 2002, if my RD=November 2003?
Thank you!

EB1 Priority Workers ©MurthyDotCom
EB1 is for the Employment-Based, First Preference category (EB1), like intra-company executives / managers, outstanding professors / researchers, or persons of extraordinary ability. Even the EB1 has cutoff dates for nationals of mainland China and India. These, too, have been significantly impacted by the high levels of demand for visa numbers. In EB1, the cutoff date for India is August 1, 2002. For mainland China it is January 1, 2000. The dates are current for nationals from all other countries.

Well, This bulletin has surely affected EB3 badly!
EB1 is still not that bad as compared to other categories!
As my consultant lawyer said today! that situation for all VISA types will improve in 2006 early! and all these rules of bulletin have scope of change as INS will not care for immigrants and foreigners but they have to care for industries who they are have conveyed right message. He also said that immigrants association and lawyers are talking to congressman and they are talking in congress over this issue!!
hold your breath......

There may be few pending cases from 2002 and 03. I do not think there are many cases pending in this category (atleast upto 03). I am hoping that the PD will move faster atleast for EB1 category..starting Nov. We will have to wait for the next bulletin.
As there were several EB3 approvals just before July, it is possible that USCIS may do the magic for some of us who are in EB1 category before October. Let us keep our hopes alive :) ..wait for that magic e-mail till midnight of Sept 30!! :D
Good luck to all,
Toxsci.

Krendel' said:
Guys,

i have a question regarding priority date (since it's so important nowadays
I applied as EB1OR (no LC). So my priority date should be the same one as RD', right?
Why when on I-140 approval notice I found PD=October 2002, if my RD=November 2003?
Thank you!

Ideally yes!
but in general it gets late as appear as current I-485 RD due to security check etc issues!!! I am not sure PD was relevant in case of EB1 earlier also.Its just nowhere they explained EB1 separetely!!!!

Can somebody tell me!
1. whether EB1 people who don't have PD apply for I-485 before or after I-140 approval.
2. In non concurrent cases what is PD for EB1. Is it I-140 filling date or I-485 filling dates.
3. also We could see clearly that ther ewer not many pending cases for Eb1 in last two years then why it got retrogressed so back....
4. In general it also surprises me that NSC said they are procssing JUNE 2004 cases few days back...how come then.....went so back all of sudden is it because they decide that number based on 75 % cases.

Eb1 can retrogress because there is both a per country limit and per category limit. Lots of EB2 and EB3 for India/China would mean the total country limit for these countries would reach soon, and hence it affects EB1 as well?

What about dependents of EB1? Are they also part of EB1? I read somewhere that there is a separate (and smaller) quota for EB dependents. Could anyone comment?