IMPORTANT REMINDER FOR THOSE FILING I-140 concurrently in July

jk0274

Registered Users (C)
If you have not filed I-140 yet and plan to do so plus take advantage of the current July visa bulletin to file I-485 concurrently:

The August 17 extension for filing I-485 is given by USCIS only to those whose priority dates are current as of July 2007 bulletin. There are no visa numbers available in August. If you submit your I-140 in August, you will get an August priority date, which means you will not be eligible to file I-485 concurrently. It is very important to file I-140 in July in order to take advantage of the July bulletin. You will not be able to file concurrently after July 31.

efile 140 and send 485 along after that.

Hi
Thanks for pointing out this technical point. My EB1 EA 140 and 485 are pending. I am thinking of efiling my NIW 140 before July 31 and then file 485 before the deadline. Would I get a receipt number when I efile 140 or just a confirmation receipt. People that had done efiling before please let me know.

If you have not filed I-140 yet and plan to do so plus take advantage of the current July visa bulletin to file I-485 concurrently:

The August 17 extension for filing I-485 is given by USCIS only to those whose priority dates are current as of July 2007 bulletin. There are no visa numbers available in August. If you submit your I-140 in August, you will get an August priority date, which means you will not be eligible to file I-485 concurrently. It is very important to file I-140 in July in order to take advantage of the July bulletin. You will not be able to file concurrently after July 31.

very very good point !

Answer to moden :

efile assigns receipt no and the confirmation page which is NOT the actual receipt notice. Usually they issue receipt notice within 1-2 days for e-filling case and takes 1-2 weeks to come to your hand. but am not sure what they are doing now. I am speculating that they are going to delay the process if you wait longer to file I-140...
Bottom line of my suggestion is "E-FILE I-140 Right now"
DO NOT WAIT
good luck !

To moden: you already filed I-485. So do not send any more I-485. 2 cases definitely complicate you situation. If your NIW case gets approval RELINK earlier I-485 with the approved I-140.

Last edited by a moderator:
No-look at the USCIS update

You can file untill August 17th. It will accept the I-485 untill august 17th. This holds good for the applicant who are eligible under july visa bullein.

Take a look at this attachment.

You can file untill August 17th. It will accept the I-485 untill august 17th. This holds good for the applicant who are eligible under july visa bullein.

Take a look at this attachment.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that,
beginning immediately, it will accept employment-based applications to adjust status (Form I- 485) filed by aliens whose priority dates are current under the July Visa Bulletin, No. 107. USCIS will accept applications filed not later than August 17, 2007

Do you mind to explain this?

Hello,
Is it possible to efile 140 and then 485 using the efile receipt and NOT or just later sending the 797?