Important question Self Petition NIW

venkata k

Registered Users (C)
I am about to send EB-2 NIW to vermount. I talked to 2 lawyer They are not agree in one issue. I need help. Do I need my J-1 waiver for approval of the I-140. One of the lawyer said vermount does not approve I-140 without J1 waiver, other said we dont need to j1 waiver to get I-140 approval.We need a j1 waiver before we send 485.That is why i dont trust lawyers. I prepared everthing by myself. I got free advise from those guys.They confused me. Thanks for any help
                       venkata

No Title

Thanks everybody especially jigesh.My categorical change in J1 was approved By DOS. I have another question guys.
I am about to send EB-2 NIW to vermount. I talked to 2 lawyer They are not agree in one issue. I need help. Do I need my J-1 waiver for approval of the I-140. One of the lawyer said vermount does not approve I-140 without J1 waiver, other said we dont need to j1 waiver to get I-140 approval.We need a j1 waiver before we send 485.That is why i dont trust lawyers. I prepared everthing by myself. I got free advise from those guys.They confused me. Thanks for any help
                 Venkata

No Title

Here\'s another attorney who says, "You will need to get a waiver of the 2 year requirement before someone can process your NIW petition."

http://www.usvisanews.com/wedquest081600.html
Answer to #4 seems to answer your question.

By the way, I hired this guy, Jose Latour for my EB-1/EA. I think he is a very knowledgeable lawyer.

Good luck.

Shintaro

No Title

Thank you Shintaro.
But One guy has already sent me e mail that he says he applied without j1 waiver in the NIW category. It was accepted. Now they are waiting for j1 waiver to fill out I-485. What do you think.

No Title

if you are a J1 physician or so ,yes the new lae issued in nov ,2000 need to demonstrate 212 e waiver letter,

No Title

It\'s wrong. I got I-140 approval (NIW) without J-1 waiver. I submitted I-140 in October, 2000 and got approval in June 2001. Now I\'m preparing documents for I-485. I\'ll submit I-485 with the recommendation letter from DOS. I\'m working as a post doc in a University. You can get information regarding this from://www.hooyou.com/niw/FAQ.html.

No Title

Hi fikabir The web page you mentioned i think there is a typo mistake. I could not go to that page. could you give us the right page.
                         Venkata

No Title

As I mentioned earlier that I got I-140 approval based on NIW, and I\'m doing post doctoral research in wood science. Any one can apply for NIW with J-1 visa, not only physician. You have to get J-1 waiver before submitting I-485, that\'s all. Here\'s the link- http://www.hooyou.com/niw/index.html